Experian online inquiry disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jun 29, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Well... those of you who got yours off in 48 hours were lucky. It's been a week since I disputed a few inquiries online and they are still listed as under investigation.

Has anyone gotten inquiry removals from Experian since last week?

2. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Dave,

I'm in the same boat your in. It has also been a week for me on inquiry disputes with Experian and no deletions.

Manny

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

We seem to be in a lot of the same boats lately, my friend.

4. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Actually no, not more than the 3 I initially got. And get this; I tried the same tactic of instigating investigation on my inquiries online at TransUnion and just got a letter today from them, basically saying they can't ever delete inquiries because a creditor does not need your signature or authorization to view your credit file, only a permissible purpose. They also added that if I have an inquiry "beef" with a creditor, then I should take it up with them and NOT the CRA. Permissible purpose!?!?! HA! So in other words, if they wanted to, any creditor could sit and pull my file once a month, drive up my inquiries and drive down my score. Preposterous!!!

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Here's an idea that takes advantage of this. Tell me what you think.

A few of us get together and start some sort of "front" business that pulls credit reports. We then find out who the heads of the three bureaus are, and we pull their credit files once a week.

When their scores begin to hit the 400 range, we'll have their attention.

6. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

I love the way you think! :) HA! Let's do it!!!!!
    Hey, I bet the heads of the credit bureaus manipulate their own files, don't they? :)

7. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I have not had any more removed except the one on the first day.

It looks like EX wants to claim it takes 30 days to verify an inquiry.

Cyprigirl:)

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

If you have the report number , you can check how the inquiry is progressing. I did that and it tells you when you put in the dispute and when they will have a resolution.

it's a 30 day period.

And if they cannot verify, the inquiry will have to be deleted.

but you never know with experian, they are liars.

lol.

9. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

A week for me also. Nothing deleted!!.

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Are you serious?

Hope you are just joking because if you do what you are talking about you are in for some serious problems.

But first of all, starting some kind of "front" business to enable you to pull credit reports is no biggie at all. One of the easiest is to start your own newspaper. And newspapers have to have advertising revenue. It doesn't matter that someone has never actually placed any ads with your newspaper, just that they might have inquired about doing such caused you to pull their credit report. Or there might be investigative reasons for your having done so.
    Reporters have to investigate things, you know.

But that's even beside the point. First of all, it's going to cost you some pretty big bucks to join all three credit bureaus and maintain your membership. Certainly more than you are likely to be willing to spend for purposes of revenge.

But let's assume that you have more bucks than sense.

It's not hard to find out who the heads of these bureaus are. Not hard at all. Your local library can supply that information with nothing more than a phone call and you get it for free too. Then you can even find out where they live with little problem.

So you keep pulling inquiries. That will bite you too because you must be able to show "legal" or "legitimate" credit granting related reason for the continual pulling of their credit reports. Be sure that it wouldn't take long for them to notice the activity and put a stop to it and then go after you demanding to know why and possibly filing charges on you for doing it illegally as well.

Doing what you suggest simply isn't hard at all. A few simple maneuvers and you are in like a thief in the night. You wouldn't even need any licenses to do business as a newspaper or as an investigative reporter. Freedom of the press, dontcha know??

If you want another equally inadviseable way to attack them, go file a lien on their houses. You can do that even if they don't owe you anything. It's been pulled ad infinitium ad nauseum on judges, police, politicians and other public figures. Then they go to sell their property or mortgage it and BOOM! all of a sudden, there is this inexplicable lien on their property that shows up. And of course, if you want to carry that even further, you can sell the lien and use the funds therefrom to further increase your lifestyle.

That is, until whoever you sold it to starts trying to collect. Then you can count on free room and board for a few years on top of the bucks you made on the deal. Just an extra perk, dontcha know???

Personally, I'd advise that you not pursue your ideas any further. While the crossbar hotel does give one a great sense of security, the side benefits just ain't worth a damn!

LOL

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Re: Are you serious?

I had hoped they were just joking because if they weren't, they could be letting themselves in for some real serious legal problems.

I simply wanted to point that out and why.

Is that so wrong?

12. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

LK of all the names bb has been called on this board I think "twit" is the most apropos.

13. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Eddie:

Now that is totally unfair. Its going to be almost imposible to argue with a single word you posted.

Now then, let me get after it and see if I can't find some way to argue with every single word of your statement.

LK --- some kind of abbreviation, nope, can't argue with that.

of --- that's a tough one too.

all

the

names

bb

has

been

called

on

this

board

I

think

"twit"

is

the

most

Nope! Can't argue a single one!

Why not post something meaningful? Something one can really sink his teeth into??

apropos.

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

A twit?

LizardKing

A few days ago, you used a word that sort of confused me. Would you please be so kind as to clear up my confusion about what you meant by the word "twit:?

Here are the possible definitions. Which did you mean when you used the word?

1 To taunt, tease, ridicule, with reference to anything embarrassing. If that was the definition that you intended, pray tell how it is that I taunted, teased, ridiculed or embarrased you?
    If I did that, please excuse me.

2. to reproach or upbraid.
    I don't remember reproaching or upbraiding you in any recent posts. If so, please point them out to me.

3. A derisive reproach, taunt, gibe.
    Where did i reproach you derisively, taunt you or gibe you?
    If I did so, please forgive me.

4. an excited state, dither, for instance, to be in a twit about company coming.

I didn't expect any company coming that I know of, did you?

Please explain which of the above you meant.

Or did you make some poor choice of words?