Experian online inquiry disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jul 14, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I disputed five inquiries on my Experian report last month from TD Waterhouse Bank, American Express, Discover, OSI and Gulf State. No final results yet, but looking at my report this morning the Gulf State inquiry is no longer marked as a dispute and the American Express inquiry is gone.

The Amex deletion leaves me with only one inquiry for the last six months. Creditexpert hasn't updated yet (it still says two in the last six months) but it will be interesting on Monday to see what happens to my score.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Dave, thank you for the update..that is interesting..I'm still waiting for my updates..

Still waiting for a LV date..will let you know when I know! :)

Mirage is calling my name...(well, I mean the Mirage in LV...the one with a volcano....not the Mirage here...unless the one here has a volcano...and if you have a volcano, you could use that to get ANYTHING deleted...LOL...but you get the point)

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Experian online inquiry dispute

The Mirage... Ahhhhhhh...

Ok, I'm done drooling.

Saar

4. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I had an account with one of the companies that I disputed an inquiry on. Experian sent a letter to the company stating that fraud was involved with my account inquiry. (News to me, but I just wanted it off the report). The creditor sent me a letter closing my account and advising me that all information (including the good account info) would be removed from my reports.

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

None of the inquiries I disputed resulted in new accounts. Two were turndowns, one should have been an account review from Discover (that account is closed anyway -- if they delete it, Woopie!) and two were from collection agencies.