Experian Online Inquiry Disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chriscraft, Jul 17, 2001.

1. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

On the 25th and 26th of last month, I did an online dispute of a number of inquiries appearing on my Experian credit report. I recall reading that several others on the board did this as well around that time.

Has anyone received a response or obtained any results yet from the disputes? I have had 3 inquiries (out of 16 total) removed, but the remaining 10 which I challenged are still pending. According to my calculations, Experian only has about 8 days left before the 30 day deadline elapses.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next week or so.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I did disputes on the 3rd of this month...and I have had no results whatsoever....oh, wait, they said my name, ss #, and employer were deleted..(huh, what?)...but the real investigations (including inquiries) remain pending. Keep us informed. How long after your dispute did you have some deleted?

3. chriscraft

NanaC, I had one deleted within the first week of submitting the dispute, then another the next week, and the last one was 4 days ago. No rhyme or reason as to which ones they deleted; they were just gone. All of the remaining disputes are just sitting there unresolved, with no way for me to check status. While I would hope that when the 31st day rolls around they will all be deleted, I am not hopeful. I expect that within the next week they will all come back verified.

At the same time the online disputes were done, I went ahead and wrote letters to the individual companies who made the inquiries, asking them to either (i) provide proof of my authorization to make the inquiry, or (ii) in the absence of that authorization, to immediately cause the inquiry to be deleted. To my surprise, two of them have already responded. Unfortunately, those responses were basically "this is your problem, we had a permissible purpose, go talk to the CRA's." This is not the response I was hoping for. I am a little peeved at this, and I may have to shoot off a nasty follow-up letter once I come back to my senses.

Nothing is easy. This holds especially true for the rebuilding process. Oh well, let's hope time and persistence will conquer all. I'll keep you informed as to what happens with the remaining disputes...

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, Chris. That helps..You are doing better than me..I'm still sitting with a big Pending sign on my head..ROFL..

5. chriscraft

NanaC, I have a big Pending sign posted on me, too....unfortunately it's HUGE and is glued to my @SS !!!

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!

7. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I am still pending also.

Cypri:)

8. chriscraft

Welcome to the Pending Club, Cyprigirl. Perhaps we should hand out membership cards!

9. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

I, too, am pending. I've got about 10 pending (have been for about 3 weeks).

Tom