Experian Online report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Flagirl, Dec 9, 2000.

1. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

I just tried to get my credit report on Experian and this is the message that I got....
    "We're sorry. We are unable to process your request online. We understand that the privacy and security of your information is important to you; therefore we cannot provide a specific reason as to why we cannot deliver your report online. Our registration process is designed to ensure that your online personal credit report is released only to you. If you entered your credit card information, we did not charge you."

Has anyone else gotten this message and do you know why? Is it because I have an investigation going on?
    THANKS!

2. Killer

Killer Guest

Probably because some questions concerning information on your report were asked for security reasons and your answers didn't match.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Call the 1-800 #, 0rder the free report, it will come, mine just did :)

and it shows about 14 addresses on mine ARGH!! (ive only had 4 in the last 6 years)

4. Killer

Killer Guest

Sam,

Earlier this year my experian report also had numerous addresses. Some were correct but most were incorrect. I called experian and they simply asked which I wanted on the report and which I didn't. They immediately deleted the addresses I didn't want and changed the incorrect ones. Just to give the appearance that I was very stable, I deleted some addresses that were correct but extremely old.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Experian Online report -ho

Would you mind sharing the procedure for disputes? Any letters? etc?

6. Killer

Killer Guest

Sam,

I am still wet behind the ears when it comes to disputes. A poster by the name of molly is helping me dispute 2 items on my reports. Both these items are smalll charge-offs. Molly had the same situation with the same creditor and successfully had hers removed. She paid the balance but wrote a letter first. The creditor agreed to remove by ignoring the dispute once the balance was paid. Molly posted her letters and they can still viewed.

I had similiar success with the phone company. I paid them instead of the collection agency and then disputed. This dispute and the others I have done were completed by telephone. I will never do a telephone dispute again. I had very little success! I believe the CRA's "fake" the investigation when the dispute is done by telephone. I strongly believe that a letter with return receipt is powerful. I also plan to sign-up with Junum. I am taking on more responsibility on my job and I would like to spend more time with my kids. I think if you are busy like me it's best to let a reputable professional company like Junum do the work for you. You have to stay on top when you are disputing and devote much time to it.

7. Killer

Killer Guest

Oh if you want to get some of those addresses removed or corrected just call experian. On your report you should have a number listed to call if you beleive information is incorrect. You should also have a report number. Call and give your report number. Tell the rep that addresses are incorrect and/or totally wrong. Specifically tell the rep to delete those you want deleted. Specifically tell the rep which you want to modify. Also make sure you delete duplicate addresses that usually appear seperately because something as simple as a one number is out of place.

8. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Yes,

That happened when I tried to receive my husband's report. I just mailed in the request. I was able to view mine. Who knows?

Kelly

9. Indnewssrv

Indnewssrv Guest

dont feel so bad..its difficult to get your report online either way.I always get shut down and have to wait in the mail for it.Just get a mail order report.Plus you save more money that way

cynthia

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

could be. I have disputes pending also. I got the same messaage.

11. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

I have disputes pending, and I was still able to get mine. So I don't know either.

12. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I got the same message and recieved mine in the mail less than a week later.