Experian Problems

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Credithelp, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Credithelp

Credithelp Well-Known Member

I have several accounts on my credit report that were opened fraudulent and I contacted all 3 CRAs and Trans Union and Equifax removed those accounts right away, and Experian came back all verified. I called Experian and they said I need a letter from each OC on their letterhead asking for removal then they would remove them so I then contacted the OC's and they sent me my letters that asked for removal of these accounts off my Credit report so I faxed and sent it certified mail and I just got a letter from Experian telling me

We are responding to the information you sent us. Unfortunately, we could not use this information. We are contacting the source of information you questioned.

So I called them AGAIN and they said we can't use the letters you sent us, we don't know if they are authentic or not so we will launch another investigation. I feel like im getting the run around. What can I do? I have the letters that state that these accounts were open fraudulently and they are ignoring them telling me they might be fake. I don't know what else to do. Don't you think they should have removed those accounts with those letters. Who can I contact at Experian? What to do next?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that it was ILLEGAL for the CRA'S to NOT accept the information!!!

3. azur24

azur24 Well-Known Member

Did you ask to speak to the fraud department, or were you only speaking to the regular reps?

Trust me, it is difficult working with ANYONE at Experian, but you may have better luck with them..

4. cinderella

cinderella Well-Known Member

I just don't know what is with EXP, they seem to make up their own rules. I too sent letters of deletion to them on creditor's letterhead and they just ignored me too, while TU and EQ deleted.

If creditors sent a UDF into the EVIL EXP, the accounts should eventually be deleted, which is what happened in my case....about 60 - 90 days.

5. Credithelp

Credithelp Well-Known Member

Yes......it was the fraud dept. I was dealing with. Does anyone know of a contact there?

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

If creditors sent a UDF into the EVIL EXP, the accounts should eventually be deleted, which is what happened in my case....about 60 - 90 days.
    cinderella
    =================
    A good way to get your rates jacked

7. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the EXPERIAN WORLD...WHERE THEY MAKE THEIR OWN LAWS AND HAVE TOTAL DISREGARD OF THE LAW.

I STILL HAVE A COLLECTION THATS "NOT MINE" AND THEY SAY IT IS LOL...ALL THEY SAY IS "REMAIN"

I'M SENDING THEM AN INTENT TO SUE LETTER THIS WEEK, THE 30DAYS IS OVER ON THE FIRST LETTER.

8. four20nik

four20nik Well-Known Member

9. delilah131

delilah131 Well-Known Member

I got this letter, too, after a CA sent me a letter stating they would remove the account.

TU and EQ dropped it as soon as I sent the letterhead, but EX sent me the same notice you got.

That was about 15 days ago. Today, the CA account dropped off my report. (yeah!) So I guess they found out whatever they needed to find out from the CA.

I would recommend just waiting out the time ... if nothing happens. Then you would have another violation on them, and a stronger case if you had to go to court.

peace,
    delilah