Experian Questionnare, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by godaddyo, Jun 11, 2001.

1. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Today, I received a letter from Experian, requesting that I fill out their closed minded questionnare. It seems that they would like to know the reasons why I wrote them a letter instead of using the toll free # or their website. I am sure that they are really concerned about my experience and want to make it a more pleasant one in the future, Right? LOL>>>
    Anyway, has anyone else recieved this and if so maybe we could collaborate on how to respond to it.....

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Well, I just rip up surveys. Why should I take my time helping them figure out how to market to me? If their marketing people want any info from me, they'll have to pay me for my time. :)

breeze

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I agree with Breeze. I would just put it in my handy dandy shredder and use it like for hamster bedding. LOL

Has Experian done anything to benefit you? Probably not, so why help them!

Deb

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

If you really wanted to get them you could fill it out and give the opposite of whatever your true opinion is. Make them pay for the postage and to process the silly thing. Or -- just send it back blank. But then again you might end up on some sort of weird mailing list. :)

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

is it prepaid postage?...just send it in blank...they gotta pay postage for nothing.

-Dave

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Great minds...

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST WRITE ON THE SURVEY...JUST A FEW SUGGESTIONS...

accept proof from consumers with-out question...(credit limit, account closed/open)...

provide name, address, phone, of person they talked to to CONFIRM, again WRONG information...

might be nice if they had a web page for direct questions and answers...(or E-MAIL)...

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

:) LOL

9. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Or just send the envelope back empty!

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Or put something REALLY creative in it.

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

My mom saved all our school work...I got an essay about wood I wrote in 2nd grade that my teacher said was REALLY creative.

No it is a greater honor for me...No I am the Don Francisco's sister.

12. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Daddy-O:
    Is the return envelope liquid tight? If so, one ziiiip should tell ya what I suggest go in it!

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

If it isn't, you could always use one of the snack-size ziplock bags.....

breeze (I got that from watching Martha Stewart)

14. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

LOL!!! Martha Stewart? (ROTFL!)

15. godaddyo

I was thinking about sending them all of my credit card offers. I do this from time to time to credit card companies just for kicks. Or maybe they would like a free complimentary copy of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. I could circle those sections that I feel are in dire need of attention by Experian. Better yet, Icould send them a dispute letter regarding the innacuracies of their questionnare. Oh Yah !!!!! I love collaboration!!!!Lol :)

16. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, I think that those who offered the advice about just ignore it may well be the best.

On the other hand, if it is a postage prepaid envelope, I'd suggest wrapping it in a brick if it wasn't illegal to send bricks through the U.S. Postal Service. (Yep! There is most assuredly a law against sending bricks through the U.S. Postal Service. Very interesting story behind that one too.

So if it's a prepaid envelope, the idea of sending them the entire FCRA would work pretty well, except it would cost you something to print it out. Why not a few pages of today's newspaper telling about the execution of McVeigh? I'd be willing to bet you can find one in a dumpster somewhere or get one for free somehow.

17. godaddyo

I am just glad to see everyone else was thinking along the same lines as myself... You know the one between myself and the GARBAGE CAN...Lol

18. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Just remember to remove your name from anything you send. Most (all?) of my card offers have my name pre-printed on them...these companies are DATAbanks retaining information...who knows what they keep track of.

Nave sent crap to us in our June 2001 survey....Let's mess with Nave (when I say mess with, I mean mess with MORE than normally :)

-Dave

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I GUESS I WAS ODD-MAN-OUT...I THOUGHT MAYBE SOME GOOD MIGHT ACTUALLY COME OUT OF FILLING IN THE SURVEY...

WE FINALLY GOT EQUIFAX F.I.C.O. SCORES...
    JULY 1, 2001 CALIFORNIA GETS EXPERIAN AND TRANSUNION SCORES...

20. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

That came from the survey? or your right as a consumer and citizen of this fine country?

-Dave

BTW California is cool in oh so many ways :)