Experian questions..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mary, Feb 8, 2001.

1. mary

mary Guest

Experian in my area is serviced by some company called CBA. I can never get a phone number for Experian or for CBA. THis report is by far my worst, and the hardest to clean up. They have verified things that TU and Equifax removed in a matter of days. I also dont think they bother to investigate much, because many times I get the report back just under the 30 day deadline with everything verified. (too coincidental) then they refuse to investigate a second time.
    Also, I notice that under each item, it tells when the item was verified. This worries me because although they may shred old correspondence, they can definitely tell that I have disputed some of these items a number of times. I want to try my luck on the phone with a rep, but Experian just tells me to call CBA, and they only have a voice mail system to order reports. Does anyone else have CBA as their Experian "local verifiying agency"?

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I do, do you live in PA?

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Ok, I have the answer for you.

Call 1-800-574-9784 during normal business hours. Choose the fifth option on the menu, regardless of what the recording tells you to do. If it then tells you they're "experiencing a high call volume" and disconnect you, simply call again - it works.

If you need to remove old addresses from your report, they'll do it over the phone.

Saar

4. mary

mary Guest

Nope, NJ...

5. mary

mary Guest

Thank you !!

nm