Experian re-investigation..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gonzo, Sep 5, 2003.

1. gonzo

gonzo Well-Known Member

Is there a secret to getting Exp to re-investigate a dispute, other than a law suit?

2. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Yes......yes there is.

The secret is called "PERSISTANCE".

Just remember that these people are not your friends. They do not want to help you. Educate yourself as to the specific laws that protect your rights as a consumer and use them by citing these laws when you dispute.

But foremost, persistance is the key.

This was vague but there are plenty of coinciding answers here on this forum that you could use for your question.

I think I have seen the same question asked and answered here about 1,000 times.

Good luck though, best wishes

SnakeMan

3. crowmom

crowmom Well-Known Member

Exactly. Be persistent.

This is from another thread concerning my experience with experian:

I finally got Experian to remove a TL, but only after MONTHS of bitchy letters. How long have you been at this with them? It took about 5 disputes for me, (since MAY) and the last one was a short & sweet threat to sue. When they sent the 'this item has been previously investigated' bologna form letter, i sent it back and basically said 'no it hasnt, or else you would see that you are wrong.' When they sent me the 'frivolous' letter, i sent it back and said 'nope, this is not frivolous and you still only have 30 days from the original dispute to verify'. When they sent me the 'you may wish to contact the original creditor' bullsh!t form letter, I sent it back and in VERY LARGE BOLD TYPE I basically said "I ALREADY DID AND SENT YOU PROOF. NOW IT IS YOU WHO NEEDS TO CONTACT THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR."

If you make Experian (or any other CRA) realize you are not going away, and you have a legitimate gripe, and you TYPE REAL BIG SO THEY CAN SEE IT (LOL) and be patient, they just might finally do what they're supposed to do.