Experian refuses to verify/rei

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mary, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Mary

Mary Guest

I have a paid judgment on my experian report, which I was able to have deleted from TU and Equifax. Experian verified it on the very last day of the 30 days allowed. I sent in a redispute immediately, telling them that I have been hounding the student loan people (origin of the judgment) for months without response. Not two days after I got the cert mail card back, signed, I got a new report telling me they refused to reinvestigate because they already verified! They gave me the number of the student loan people, and told me to *have them send you something saying they dont have anything on you* I already told them I tried that to no avail!! Can they refuse to reinvestigate this? ALso, there was a blurb on the report about credit repair, and what law firms can and cant do for you. The judgement is due to come off 8/01, but I am so annoyed that they wont even reinvestigate! (btw, not sure if this was ever mine, had this problem before with relative of the same name.) there was also a blurb explaining that they arent required to come up with original signed agreements or promissory notes.
    ANy advice? thanks

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Experian refuses to verify

dang that sounds serious. I noticed experian was sending those little notes attached to reports to basically tell you off. I would send in another dispute letter in 2 -3 months with no reference to the old dispute. I dont see what else you can do at this point. I would send it in also with a new dispute and see if you can slip it by. The thing is almost obsolete and in feb.(with 6 months of deletion) just take is off anyway. Good Luck'That is what I would do.

roni.

3. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

When i talked to an Experian rep on the phone, she said that they have a policy where they don't do reinvestigations for the "same reasonn". So you should ask them to dispute it (don't mention first dispute) and give a DIFFERENT REASON why it is inaccurate.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Wonderful advice. Use "not my account" in hopes they won't verify. When they do verify, which means only that they took the trouble to match the SS numbers, then you hit them with other factual discrepancies that almost always exist.

5. Mary

Mary Guest

Hi Roni! ? for ya

When you say within 6 months, do you mean that it is their practice to delete once it is within 6 months of the drop off date? Experian seems so hard nosed about anything else, Im afraid to get my hopes up.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Hi Roni! ? for ya

That is what I have read. Also a rep from one of the creditors I had told me this. Since they changed the 7 year drop off rules in 1997, to 6 months prior to the charge off date for calculating the original delinquency date, they sometimes just say oh forget it and drop it off, especially if you dispute the date.

roni