Experian Refusing to Add Limit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concerned, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Ok. Sent a letter with my most recent statement showing my credit limit (700) with Target to my local affiliate of Experian. Got a letter back stating only "Reviewed" next to the account with no indication how it was being reported now. So, after I sign up for creditexpert.com I see it is still the same. I dispute. Unchanged. Dispute again. Verified as accurate again and unchanged. Am I a total idiot here or what? I mean Target is not telling them honestly that my limit is 155 b/c that is the most I have ever spent? I have a 679 fico. It seriously affects my percentages and would boost my score to have this reported correctly.

Any suggestions???

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Eperian did the same thing with me re Capital One. They said the CCC's don't have to report the limit.

I just decided that I am going to dump Capital One as soon as I can without hurting my credit. I already closed the "toy card" but they aren't reporting it closed either.

breeze

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Write to Target. Insist that they update the information they report to CRA(s) to be complete; specifically to include the credit limit. I've done this with no problem. I still have another one that doesn't report credit limit. I was going to write that letter today but got sidetracked. Good luck.

4. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

Mist-Do you have the address you used when you wrote to Target? Did you just use the address on the bill?

5. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Sorry, it wasn't Target but another retail card. Just write to the address on the statement but do it by certified return receipt.

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, then that should prove that creditexpert isn't so expert after all, shouldn't it??

If you had signed up with me, I would have shown you how to force the credit bureaus to report it correctly whether they liked it or not.

I use a special technique for that type of situation. It's downright mean, nasty, ugly dirty pool, but when push comes to shove, it's not usually the "nice guy" who wins.

The technique I use is really quite simple. I give them a choice. Either they report it correctly or I do it for them, and I guarantee that they would far rather play the game my way than they had to argue about it. It presents a situation whereby I win no matter what they do and they lose if they don't do it my way. So they do it my way because it don't get them a red face. They don't like them red faces worth a hoot.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CREDIT REPORT MUST BE COMPLETE AND ACCURATE...

W/O CREDIT LIMIT IT IS NEITHER COMPLETE NOR ACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Dispute the credit limit w/ Experian in writing and enclose a statement copy (w/ the limit figure circled), do it 5 times if you have to, eventually they'll give up. Worked for me :)

Saar

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Saar:

Did you actually have to do it 5 times to get the job done?

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Nope, it worked on the second try.

Saar