Experian Results Round 1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 29, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I got my dispute from 3/7/01 back today.
    First USA settlement 9/99--GONE!
    APS (utility CO-paid)--remains
    Quantum Collections (paid)--remains
    Previous address-- GONE
    So, got back two reports today, successful 2/4 on one and 2/4 on the other. Not bad--going back for more tomorrow!

2. AnnMarie

Thanks Lizardking
    The utility shows it will come of 01/2002. It's showing the open date in 95 as the last activity date :)
    Quantum shows a 08/2002...same thing with the dates as above I think.
    They both show verified but I'm gonna dispute them both again tomorrow on both credit reports and a couple late pays on other accounts with some inquiries that were not authorized :)
    Strategy suggestions? Been using "not mine" all the way, and all my "bad" accounts are completely paid--

3. AnnMarie

Won't they (the CRA) know that I just disputed it this month as not mine?

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

You're good Lizardking!

Love the way you worded that statement. Are you a lawyer?

5. Rain

Rain Member

Aria or Providian?

I currently have a 617 FICO score, but only thing on my credit is a Cap 1 secured card, 1 year old.
    I'm wanting to get another active line or two. I'm thinking of getting an Orchard card, and also an Aria or Providian. I don't want more than 3 cards, so since I'm pretty sure about the Orchard, that leaves me picking between the Aria and Providian cards.

Anyone know which one is better? I know they're both issued by Providian bank, but is one card easier to qualify for than the other? Which would I be more likely to get with a 617 FICO? Which gives better limits, better rates, and gives customers less hassles, or are they both the same in these regards since they both issue through the same bank?

Thanks for any advice...
    Rain