Experian Score...new Today???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Oct 4, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SCORE 350-820

3. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

340-820 LoL..Yup i didnt see this earlier toady...

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Yea! Now if we only could get TransUnion to do this.

Dani

5. Om

Om Well-Known Member

I noticed this on CreditExpert's site yesterday. I'm sure TU will follow the trend.

-Om

6. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

So, is this the same as credit expert? Anyone w. credit expert do this to see if there are any differences?

7. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

WELL FINALLY I'm able to access my Experian score, although now I'm not sure I wanted to (lol). Not too far off from Equifax though.

Eq: 603 (pulled Monday)
    Ex: 599 (pulled today)
    Tu: 523 (last dispute a month ago).

Target AND Kmart MC are both reporting, so I knew I'd take a small hit (about 10 points per new account), and at LEAST 1/2 of the negative accounts on Experian and Equifax come off in 2002, so I may be able to bump that score into the 650's range by mid to end of 2002. I certainly hope so, at least, as I'm hoping to finally get out of the "500 club" once and for all!

I've noticed that, with the exception of Capital One, nobody pulled Equifax for an application. It's for this very reason that I've not focused too much on this one (a great score on this report won't help me get credit anyway if they continue to pull TU).

Anyway, enough for now...

A. J.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Looks like a duck... quacks like a duck.... but it's just Daffy!

Nowhere does it say that this is the FICO Fair Isaac score used by lenders. It's says Lenders uses scores. See your score today. VERY MISLEADING! I think that could be a major red flag to the Federal Trade Commission if it is not the actual score!

ANYONE tried it vs. Credit Expert which we know is NOT the lender's FICO score?

9. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I was gonna bite the bullet to see if this was any different than credit expert, but when you go to sign up for the 12.95$ score, it basically takes you to the credit expert screen. Sorry, but it looks like CE to me, and I already paid for that.

10. MikeB

MikeB Banned

It is CE, silly people, not FICO.
    I can't give you all the details, but I ordered the report, and then ordered the CE 30-day trial. Both scores were identical.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thanks for the details.... That's False Advertising! I think the FTC would like to know about it!

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They will add it to their database. :) Isn't that helpful?