Experian Seeks Venue Change

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kickman, Sep 15, 2003.

1. kickman

kickman Well-Known Member

This is probably nothing new to anyone who's already sued on the big three.

Got a letter today from Experian's Operations Supervisor (whatever that is) that was clearly boilerplate. They went on to say how the case should have been brought in Orange County and nowhere else in California. They also bragged about how they've been successful in changing venue in other small claims cases. But to make themselves look even more foolish, they go on to deny that a contract existed in my case. Well, duh! I coulda told them that.

I'm gonna fight this one pretty hard. They do business all over California. If they screw someone outside of their hometown, it's their fault. Not mine.

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you can sue them where you live.

I'd take that letter saying there's no contract along when you go before the judge.

How far from Orange Co are you? Would it be impossible if they pulled it off?

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

4. cinderella

cinderella Well-Known Member

They are so swarmy. You can't win.

Sue in small claims, and they will do their darndest to try to get it removed to federal.

Sue them in federal, and they do their darndest to intimidate the pro-se plaintiff.....hire the sixth biggest law firm to defend them and then kick it up a notch with tactics of threatening to countersue for "bad faith-frivolous" claims.

It bothers me that EXP exploits the system and engages in pettiness against a pro-se in an overall strategy to violate the FCRA.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"IF" the CRA'S can use FRIVOLOUS
    all the time...so can CONSUMERS use FRIVOLOUS

FRIVOLOUS NEED TO BE OUR NEW "KEY" PHRASE AT CREDITNET

6. cinderella

I like it.

But then again, I am partial to any word that begins with "F" to describe the CRA's, esp. EXP:)

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

When I disputed "WHOSE ACCOUNT"----UNKNOWN...change to "INDIVIDUAL"...and they came back with---->FRIVOLOUS...I knew I was in for a FIGHT...and I have NEVER had any "BADDIES"

8. cinderella

When I disputed "NOT MY ACCOUNT"-----
    they verified-----When I disputed next sending OC letter to delete account because of billing errors---THEY REFUSED TO INVESTIGATE----> I filed against them on this------->
    Now they claim my suit is FRIVOLOUS because I claimed NOT MY ACCOUNT (true) in my first dispute instead of "BILLING ERRORS"....and I have had MANY "BADDIES"

:)

9. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

love the cat ailments....

10. lsmith15

lsmith15 Well-Known Member

Its very easy to take the scums to court just change ur venue to Federal Court .....and watch them wiggle like a worm on a hook !

11. cinderella

Hi Rhondak...

How are your kitties doing?

12. cinderella

13. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

still on meds (mixed with tuna) and they are letting me pet them a little bit - they still hiss at me every time I come in the room, but they aren't trying to claw and bite me to death anymore.

They've been de-wormed but still haven't got over the respiratory infection crap. That stuff is really bad in this area. Very contagious and many cats are dying of it. I've got to go get more refills of their anti-biotics tomorrow.

Thanks for asking. It's been a real experience trying to take of these wild guys.

14. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Treatment: This involves placing the palm of one hand on the exposed belly and rubbing gently.

I wonder if that treatment would work for me and my ailment too?

:)~

Cinderella, are you Tina?