Experian Update on disputes !!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Apr 7, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Okay Remember a while back i posted that I used standard dispute letters with Trans Union And Experian.

Mailed Experian, using standard postage, no certified or nothing. 35 cents plus cost of two sheets of paper and envelope.

Sent 10 disputes on ONE letter. Guess what!!

8 Removals, 1 Update (damn collection) verified, and 1 "creditrust" "in review" ??? what the means.

8 Removals, How much did I spend? The time and effort, plus the paper and envelope and 35 stinking cents.

Woohoo. Over 10K in deletions.

I now have 2 negatives (creditrust "in review" and 1 collection") thats it on my report. I might now consider negotiating the last $1400 collection to get it off my report in the future. Otherwise i'll wait till 04-2003 when it falls off.

I highly recommend using your own disputes, for the first round, before spending any other month. If you would like, i'd be more than glad to post my exact dispute letter sent to experian.

All this "send only 3 disputes at a time, send it certified". I think thats overkill.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Experian Update on dispute

The debt is mine, its for an apartment i was kicked out of in a legal separation, I can see how they want to collect it, I can see why i don't want to pay $$ for my ex's actions.

I may just walk into the apartment with cash and offer a settlement agreement for them to sign (dissolving all credit issues)

Then again. I may just let it sit for 2 more years.

I'll post my letter.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

heh actually i used the one i got in the open source credit dispute kit :)

here's the exact letter i sent, i just changed the info, signed it, and mailed it. Pretty standard stuff for experian.... Placed all negative items on one dispute letter.. Worked like a charm. No magic involved here guys.

XXX 2, 2000

NCAC
    PO Box 2002
    Allen, TX 75013

To Whom It May Concern,

The items below DO NOT belong to me! The following information therefore needs to be removed from my credit file immediately.

I respectfully request to be provided proof of these alleged items, specifically the contracts, notes or other instruments bearing my signature. Failing that, the items must be deleted from the report as soon as possible:

ACCOUNT NAME - ACCOUNT NUMBER (XPN-XXXX*) Does not belong to me!

The listed items are completely inaccurate and incomplete. Please delete this misleading information immediately!

Sincerely,

Pamela Z. XXXXXX
    XXX Ocean Ave 6-X
    Brooklyn, NY XXX

D.O.B.: X0/23/XX

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Wow, very simple letter.. maybe I will try this with a simple stamp and letter as well.

THe ones I sent were longer and I sent them certified, return receipt requested. I think I will do this with all 3 CRA's.

I just hope I don't get any type of red flag for sending multiple letters and disputing the same items..