Experian Verification

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SM, Apr 18, 2001.

1. SM

SM Guest

I had to laugh at the little "blurb" that Experian put on my credit profile after I sent my dispute.

It reads:

"...request a decription of how we verified the information, including the business name and address contacted and the telephone number; if reasonably available."

If reasonably available??? Does the FCRA have a law that says they only have to furnish it if it is "reasonably available"??? Give me a break! They should have to go to whatever extent necessary to give me the information.

I am about to fire off my second letter to them...we shall see how they respond.

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

wow, they're admitting they typically violate the FCRA. They follow the law if it's "reasonably available".

KEEP THIS REPORT!!! This right here shows a predisposition to NOT giving you the legally required information.

What letter did you send to them provoking this response? God, I'd kill for a response like this one. idiots.

3. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Marie,

It's a standard line on the new report you get after they finish your invetsigation. On the report it says you have the right to:

"...request a decription of how we verified the information, including the business name and address contacted and the telephone number; if reasonably available."

Whne I called to request just that she said she didn't know, they send a letter. She could give me the adress and might even have a number for them. It was the same main number I already have for them.

judy

4. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

yeah, i got the same thing on all of my responses. those weazels.

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Then how are they investigating these disputes, I wonder?

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

seems like a pattern of evading their clear responsibilities under the FCRA... jerks.

7. SM

SM Guest

I don't know how they are investigating them. But if they don't give me sufficient evidence of investigation, I will go forth as Lizard did. They have in writing to me that they only give results if it is reasonably available. That in itself is a self-admission that basically they are above the FCRA. I will going through the FCRA AGAIN for the umpteenth time to make sure there are no little loopholes for them. This has gotten to be ridiculous. The FTC is as much to blame for their lax attitude. I don't know why they just don't come out and say, "We don't want to help consumers with their CRA problems."...because that is essentially the case!

I'll keep you all posted!

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Guest

Hold the phone!

They gave you a phone number to call at your expense instead of doing it for you as the law demands?

I'd be heading for the FTC website to file a complaint right on the spot.

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Hold the phone!

If they don't give you the contact info, it's because they either faked the investigation or used highly unreliable means to conduct it.

We once had here someone disputing a Discover tradeline that was later "verified". When asked how they had conducted the investigation, the CRA had the nerve to say "we just called 1-800-DISCOVER"...

Tell it to the judge.

Saar

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Bill - why are u using the name Lizzie now?

11. Jill

Jill Guest

adsl-64-217-24-66.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net Bill
    adsl-64-217-24-66.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net Lizzie
    Interesting.

12. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Not really very interesting.
    I'm not real sure, because I never typed in any name at all
    Just the message and hit the "post button at the bottom.
    Then after it was posted, I saw the Lizzie and wondered how in the dickens that happened myself.
    I'm more confused and surprosed than you are

13. mvfl

mvfl Guest

If they don't have contact info they will say it's because they verified electronically. I think that if they don't have valid contact info from their customers, they shouldn't allow them to post data on our reports and it should be deleted. Obviously, verifying electronically is useless. They are verifying the info from the same electronic system that placed the bogus info on there in the first place. Obviously, the system was not updated or it wouldn't have supplied the info to the CRA to begin with, so it's only going to verify it. Ugghhh!

14. mt

mt Guest

Re: How experian verifies

I had an extended conversation with a very unhelpful rep concerning the verification process. I asked, how is it done. She said, either by telephone, mail or "electronic". I asked how the verifications were done in my case, she said she could not tell me. I insisted and she began to repeat something about how she had already answered my questions. She stated that I could write to the address on my report and I stated, that would be fine if the mail wasn't always returned when I do... she was a big a-hole.

15. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Getting the right answers

I have a saying that I use often to describe this type of situation. Although it's original context is in a court of law, it also applies here, and that is

If you ask the wrong question, you will get the right answer to the wrong question every time.

Bill Bauer

16. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Getting the right answers

Re: Experian Verification
    Author: SM (24-240-18-47.hsacorp.net)
    Date: 04-18-01 11:41

I don't know how they are investigating them. But if they don't give me sufficient evidence of investigation, I will go forth as Lizard did. They have in writing to me that they only give results if it is reasonably available. That in itself is a self-admission that basically they are above the FCRA. I will going through the FCRA AGAIN for the umpteenth time to make sure there are no little loopholes for them. This has gotten to be ridiculous. The FTC is as much to blame for their lax attitude. I don't know why they just don't come out and say, "We don't want to help consumers with their CRA problems."...because that is essentially the case!

I'll keep you all posted!
    `````````````````````

Reply To Message ========They are a puppet of the Cr. Ind. not a voice for the consumer!