experian verified acct NOT mine

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ohnostuck, Nov 2, 2001.

1. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

What do I do next. I KNOW this account is not mine, and they could not have verified this. This is the same bill that I talked about earlier that was sent to collections from the phone company. It was for a house down the road...not mine. I dont even know who lived there because it was in 96 and it is a rental. PLEASE help me.

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You demand that they tell you the name, company address and company phone number of the person having verified the debt and the manner in which it was verified.

That's all there is to it.

3. ohnostuck

ohnostuck Well-Known Member

then what?

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Then what????

You have to have their answer in order to know "then what" because "then what" is going to depend upon their answer.

5. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

hm2222-

First, do what Bill said. Send your request certified/returned receipt to the CRA. Don't call.

While you are waiting for the month or so for the BS answer they will give you you can:

(1) Spend some time reading all you can on the subject right here in this board.

(2) Research the "validation" process. You may want to send a request for validation to the collector while you are waiting for the response from the CRA.

You must get educated on the FDCPA and FCRA. The one thing which gets their attention very quickly is a lawsuit. But, before you sue you must have your ducks in a row. You must have a well-grounded claim with clear violations. You get those with a good paper trail.

SK