Experian verified??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ellen, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Ellen

Ellen Active Member

Hi,

I just found this list a couple of days ago. I wish that I had found some of the info on this list before I started to try and clear up my credit. reports I wouldn't have paid my delinquencies without stipulating that they delete the records.

Anyway I would like to get some input on what I should do with a couple of similiar derogs.

One is a five year old collection account from Household, which I settled three years ago. It showed up as still owed when I first got my credit reports a year ago. So, I requested investigations in March from Equifax and Experian, and they came back as paid/charged off. Then, I investigated with TU in May, it came back as "no longer on file". So, I re-investigated with Expirian and it came back as closed/charge off.

I also had a five year old phone bill that went to collection (I left it open for my roommate who promised to pay it before she moved out). when I moved back to CA three years ago, I paid it. I investigated with all three CRA's. TU and Equifax deleted it, but Experian said that they verified it.

Any advise about what I can do next?

Other than that, I'm trying to build up better credit with a two year old Cap One card and a 6 month old GetSmart card.

Thanks

Ellen

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Wait until December, then dispute them again. ;)

In the meantime, have all your previous addresses deleted.

3. parallax1

parallax1 Well-Known Member

I just don't know if it does any good anymore. I disputed a collection account on Experian for my wife(a medical bill) which is due to drop off in 3 months, has never been updated since it's placement on her report (which was 4 years AFTER the alleged incident) and Experian now says it has been verified even though the date of last reporting is still the same as the date reported. It's just silly. If they had actually been able to verify it, I'm sure the CA would want the account "updated". My guess is that it's another case of them just waiting until time was almost up and then looking at their report from almost 3 years ago and saying "yeah, it matches" and their done with it.

I have, of course, sent a validation letter and am 99.9% sure that they will have no choice but to back off. At that point I might get a little rude with the a-holes at Experian and threaten to sue them. I won't do it as long as the listing gets removed, but it will let me work off some of my frustrations.

4. nins01

nins01 Active Member

How do you go about having all previous addresses deleted?????

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Just say it is spelled wrong, or the street number isn't right. If you dispute anything about an address, they delete it.

6. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Exactly what do you mean by disputing the address?

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Ummm does it sound that complicated?

okay, let's say I have two previous addresses listed

1234 Any St
    Anytown, DE 54321

Dispute as "Street number is incorrect"

4321 Some St
    Sometown, NE 34567

Dispute as "incorrect street name"

They do not check it out, they do not ask for correct number or spelling, they just say "fine, no problem" and delete it.

It is simple, easy, not sophisticated, not difficult, no trick to it. Absolutely works every time, no questions asked.

Is that a big deal, LOL?

8. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware you were talking about the personal address. Who cares if there are other addresses out there that are incorrect? Is their an advantage to removing these, like increased FICO score?If not, I don't see the point but thanks for the info!!!

9. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Experian doesn't verify CRAP!!! THEY LIE LIKE RUGS!!!!! I have a letter from a creditor stating that they have incorrectly reported a charge-off and they will remove it. It has been removed from TU and EFX, but Experian still seems to verify this. When I tried to redispute it, Experian online wouldn't let me because I tried to redispute it in the same month it was supposedly verified. Can you say lawsuit?

10. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

I disputed the same 3 accounts the same day on all 3 bureaus. TU and EQ both took 25-30 days to answer me but EX (on-line) only took 7 days and stated all 3 where verified??? Why did these 3 vendors report back to EX so quickly but not the other two. I called TU and EQ and both swear up and down they were not dragging their feet they rec'd reports back in writing with dates to prove it actually took that long. Actually TU rec'd info electronically. 2 of the 3 were removed from EQ and TU but all 3 were verified on EX. EX stated they sent my info electronically and rec'd word back electronically.

11. chelechele

Flat out...They lie...LIE LIE

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Smarta$$!! If I weren't a nice person, I wouldn't bother doing this. :p

It's part of the standard procedure. It makes it harder to verify derogs in your report that are linked to an old address. Please read these links. Based on the context of all the posts in this thread, what address did you think it was, the credit bureau's?

http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...10572&highlight="previous+address"#post110572

http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...06560&highlight="previous+address"#post106560

http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...=90129&highlight="previous+address"#post90129

http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...=84645&highlight="previous+address"#post84645

13. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

Breeze,
    I didn't mean to be a smarta$$, sorry. Thanks for the invaluable info.
    sorry again!

14. chelechele

Breeze my friend. That is good stuff....never thought of that. A light bulb just went on over the blonde head!!

15. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

okey doke

<thump>

16. ifhn166

ifhn166 Active Member

Can you dispute previous addresses online through creditexpert? If so, please provide some insight.

17. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

They used to allow you to dispute all of the 'personal information' online but have disabled that option. Now, from what I can tell, you have to write snail mail to get any personal info corrected.

18. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I have never done it online. Just click around and see if you can. If not, I have their fax number, you can do it fast that way.

19. ifhn166

ifhn166 Active Member

Thanks. I'm knew to this but the board has been most useful. I looked at my report and I have almost 20 previous addresses. I'm currently disputing a few inquiries and was hoping to attack some tradelines that went to collections in 95-96 that I paid off in 96-97. That was until I read this thread about deleting previous addresses. Any success talking to someone on the phone?

20. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Probably. I don't really know. I just know it is easy. I think I faxed mine. Business hours

fax numbers
    EFX = 1-888-345-9399; as of 9/17/01 1-888.729.0083
    TU = 714-447-6032 (CA), 610-546-4605 (PA)
    EXPERIAN = 972-390-3974, 877-454-1010