Experian web site

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nite Owl, Nov 30, 2000.

1. Nite Owl

Nite Owl Guest

Where do you go on the Experian web site to oreder a copy of your report? I have a recent rejection letter, so I should be entitled to a free one, but I can't seem to find my way around their site. ??

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Experian web site here'sth

http://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/01_LoginPrivacyPage.htm

3. Nite Owl

Nite Owl Guest

Thanks, Mom. I appreciate the info. I still can't get my report online, though. After I submit my info, all I get is a message saying that I live in an area where there is a local credit reporting agency and it gives their address, saying I should contact them. Do you know if I am to interpret this as meaning I cannot get an online report just because this local office is available to me? Of course, there is no phone number where I can ask this question. The only phone numbers they offer are all automated systems where you either have to opt to order a report, or inorder to get to a customer service person you must already have a report and enter the number. No way to speak to someone unless you already have a report I guess. Any advice?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

call the automated experian system and order a report. online didnt work for me, phone system worked a-ok!

5. Nite Owl

Nite Owl Guest

Thanks, Sam, but I was really only shooting for the online method so I could look at it immediately today while I have some time. I suppose if there is no way for me to get an online report I will order by phone. It's just extremely irritating to have gone through aall the effort today of trying to navigate their site, going here to post a message to get the right link, going back to their site, entering all my info, getting the wacky message about the local office, calling both of their listed phone numbers and punching all kinds of options only to be unable to ask someone a question about the web site, coming back here and posting my problem, and then having to order by phone, anyway. This kind of junk is why all of my credit work keeps getting put off. Anyway, thanks to y'all here for letting me "vent". Sigh...

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry I had no problem but I also don't have a local agency affiliated with Experian. I wish I could help:(

Mom

7. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

That's unusual. I thought Experian was the only CRA that handled all its own credit reports. Perhaps they have formed partnerships with other companies as Equifax and Trans Union has done in most areas.