Experian: What verification?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jun 23, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I am getting really sick of Experian and their lies.

I have had two accounts that they claimed they verified and both times they were wrong and they have had to delete it. EQ and TU they investigate and the item is often times deleted. Then I contacted one of the creditor's Citibank about a student loan they claimed was late although I was in school and had a deferment. Citibank cleared up the matter real quick with EQ and TU, but EX still reports it late. I contacted EX about this after speaking with Citibank and had reinvestigate the item. I check my report a few days later, VERIFIED as late! I am so tired of Experian and their lies, I have heard alot about people on this board having the same problem, and I am think there maybe grounds for a class action suit against them. EQ gives all the information after they have investigated along with the phone numbers of the companies contacted and I feel very comfortable with it. They have been the most responsive and accurate CRA. Although I have issues with about inquiries, they have been very fair to me.

But EX just comes back with these bogus verifications. I will definitely not take it when say they will not reinvestigate, because if they are not reporting my file 100%, I am definitely going to sue them.

TU always has errors but they very receptive to fixing them.

I really am going to target EX, because of their sloppy work.

I just wanted to vent,,, whew!

Cyprigirl :)

2. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl.....

When disputing, do you request names and phone #'s of the source of the verificataion? I thought the consumer was entitled to this if requested.

It sounds easy to me to either 1) nail Experian for violating the FCRA by requesting this info and then verifying via certified mail with the creditor that they in fact verified with Experian or 2) force Experian to do their job by showing them you plan to "check their work".

Just my thoughts....

Tom

3. Cyprigirl

Tom:
    I do request this information and I have not receied it. I have sent in a couple demand letters to them and they have each time just removed the item, which leads me to believe, they did not even verify it in the first place.

Now the Citibank thing is the third incident in less than a month.

I like your suggestion, I will contact the original creditor as well and I will definitely let EX know I willbe chekcing on them.

Thanks for the heads up :)

4. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Why don't you make all your disputes in writing? The only way to catch them using verbal communication is to tape-record the conversation.

See http://www.rcfp.org/taping/ .

We want immediate gratification so much that we can't resist the urge to make telephone calls. They count on that, because when it gets to court, the existence and content of conversations are harder to prove than that of written correspondence.

Don't play into their hands.

5. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

You posted your last response about the same time as I was writing my last one. I'm sorry if it seems redundant.

You should request the information from Citibank in writing, too. If you have that, how could Experian not correct it?

6. Cyprigirl

I do not deal with the CRAs on the phone, that is my motto, only thru the mail.

Paper trail is so important! I checked on Credit expert after I had sent the letter for investigation and they said it was verified, it was probably 7 days top in turnaround time.

That is why I do not advocate using online dispute forms for the items on your file. They want to control how you dispute the info. There could many reasons why the account is wrong however, they give you limited avenues to dispute and it makes it easier for them to verify, remember that. So if it is really important to dispute an item, send written notice.

I am also learning that writing to companies who get inquiries on your file is most effective.

7. Cyprigirl

Greg:

No Problem,

But I have done this also and I am waiting on a letter from them. As soon as I get it I am going to fax it and send it certified mail.

Does anyone have EX fax number?

Thanks in advance :)

Cyprigirl:)

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Yes, it's in another thread just posted today.
    Don't remember which one, but very near the top if you hurry.

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

It's in the thread about "tidbits of information"

10. Cyprigirl

Thanks guys!