Experian Will Not Remove Wrong Addr

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TobyJ, Sep 24, 2003.

1. TobyJ

TobyJ New Member

I have just gotten a reply from Experian. They will not remove a wrong address unless I send they a driver's license and utility bill. They never ask for this information before. Is this normal and should I resend the letter and cc my attorney on it?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NORMAL...

YOU MUST PROVE EVERYTHING...

The company that put the wrong address had to PROVE NOTHING!!!!

The CRA's just take their word for it...

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Don't expect Experian to delete address information even if you do return the utility bill, and drivers license.

I never even got a request for that information, my request to remove addresses that were irrelevant with them are still lamenting in the pending pile after more than a year... "Please note that certain items may not display until later because they required additional processing."

4. connorw

connorw Well-Known Member

I had something like 8 wrong addresses listed on Experian. All were butchered versions of 3 real addresses (two apts within the same same complex) and then another apt. They didn't have the last house I rented, even though I've provided it for them. In the past I tried to get them to change it to the correct addresses, but they refused. I got them to remove ALL the addresses that were wrong. Heh, now they only have me at my current address.

I suppose you could change FDCPA for FCRA if you wanted to be 100% right with them :)

This is what did it for me:

Please note that the following information is incorrect and must be removed from my credit report under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act credit reporting agencies and furnishers of information to credit reporting agencies have 100% burden of proof, if it is not 100% accurate it MUST be removed from a credit report. The following items are not correct:

<list of addresses>