Experian won't reinvestigate!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Apr 24, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I got a notice today from Experian stating that they have previously verified the last three accounts in 2/2001 and will not reinvestigate. WTF? They have the authority to do what they want and ignore FCRA? Two of the accounts don't even show balances or any payments at all, just lots of NAs. The status says "Paid/Past due 30 days". I have one 90 day late, four 60 day lates, and three 30 day lates between the two accounts that are at least 2 years old. How can it be paid off and past due at the same time? The third account is a TU electric chargeoff that I don't remember ever getting a bill for. It shows that it was an installment loan with 10 payments. This is really a one month utility bill for $268. Experian "verified" the account which is a lie, or they would realize that this is not an installment loan. All three accounts are 2 years old. I guess I should drop Junum if the CRAs don't reinvestigate. Should I send a validation request to the creditors or just go ahead and threaten a small claims lawsuit against Experian for claiming to verify information that is incorrect? Thanks.

MikeB

2. LoFico

LoFico Well-Known Member

Re: Experian won't reinvestiga

sue em all!