Experian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

What's up with them not sending a WHOLE report when there are corrections? They're getting on my nerves. Aren't they supposed to send a whole new report? They make me sick!

P.S. Saar, they had my address listed as a non-residential address also. This was before I moved to my current address but Experian is notorious for keeping addresses. They have address for me from COLLEGE. I have like 10+ addresses on file with them...that's ridiculous.

2. SM

SM Guest

I have at least three residential addresses listed with Experian that they have listed as "non-residential". When I inquired with a credit lender about this he told me this information creates a red flag for lenders because it can seem as though we, the consumer, have given out false address information.

I am so ready to take on Experian in regards to these false statements. They continue to put these on my credit report even though I have sent them documentation from the county appraisal districts showing that these are residential addresses. You would think Experian would have better things to do than sit around adding stupid and FALSE information like that to reports.

Until all of us consumer bombard Experian and the FTC with mail regarding these problems, they will continue. It is ridiculous.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Keep dropping them dispute letters. They are lazy sometimes, I mean come on, minimum wage folks typing this data into the computer, whose going to notice if they only do one or two things and skip the rest.

Remember: don't need to send this kind of dispute using certified mail...

What I do: Print about 2-3 of the SAME letter, and space between 1-2 weeks, and mail the same letter a number of times. This usually accomplishes what i need. IF the first one doesn't get processed fully, the second or third will.

persistence, my friend, will pay off!

4. Saar

Saar Banned

As you can tell from the previous thread, I've found that the best way to approach this is to call them. Otherwise you'd just get the Q&A form letter.

Saar

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Experian will only send you the page in which corrections were made, they don't normally send you a whole new report. I have disputed several times with them, I am right now too, and only ONCE have I received whole report, must have been a computer glitch.

mom

6. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Experian also sends me complete copies of my updated report whenever I dispute. I have never received a partial report.