Experianreporting?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by creditfree, May 16, 2001.

1. creditfree

creditfree Well-Known Member

So I go online to purchase a viewing of my credit report 05/13/01. I attempt to access it again tonight with no luck, I thought you have 30 days to view it like Equifax?
    On a similar note: I noticed at the top of the report they state under 'Credit Items', "For your protection, the last few digits of your account numbers do not display". Why not?
    They show one's every last known personal address, work address, known as names, and soc #, so what gives? How are you supposed to follow up with the beastly CA's if you don't have a complete account number with which to address letters? Anyone know?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Experian reports are not viewable for 30 days like equifax. When you order your experian report, you can only view it "once" you may print it out or save it in your files.

3. creditfree

Good thing I did print it out, but why the are last few digits missing on each account?

4. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Re: Experian reporting?

If the accounts are open, you should have the numbers. If they are old... say 2 or 3 years, then the account numbers should be in your old files. If you didn't keep any records, the company can somtimes pull up your file my using your birthday or social security number. But you have to call them.

If you can't contact the original company to get the number, then just list whatever is on the report using the xx's like they do. I alwasy send a copy of the CRA report with my dispute highlighting the accounts I am disputing, but that's me

5. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

judy--

That's a problem I'm having with Exxon. I sent a letter because the have been hitting my credit file every other month or so (twice in a month on a few occasions) as either soft ARs or hard inquiries! I don't have an account with them! I sent a letter telling them to stop and copied the #####XXXX format shown on my reports. They sent back a letter asking for more information about account number #####XXXX because they can't find it! grrrr

6. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

jonesing,

Is there a listing on your credit file for them as a trade line? Or is the inquiry showing with a number and XX's?? I'm confused about how it's showing up on the reports. Where are the numbers showing up at??

Have you tired to call them? I know some people don't like to call, but I ususally try calling first. Get the name of who you talk to and their direct phone extension so you can get them back. I would be as angry as you are. They can't continue to hit you for inquires when you are not their customer. I would CALL. Then you can send a letter and threaten to sue.

I know about banging your head against the wall with a stupid company. I am still dealing with stupid Allfirst over an account they sold and still verify by sending the verification over the who they sold the account to; B of A. I am writing my lawsuit letter today and sending it. I am tired of dealing with them. I am getting ready to pay off the card next month and once I do I will still have this stupid Allfirst listing with a 9800.00 balance on my report, not updated since 1995! Tell me that doesn't hurt me.

Stupid jerks!

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

So someone can't steel your account #

8. creditfree

Yes, I have all records, and know what the account numbers are. I'm just wondering if they can print all of the consumer's personal information, why not the last few digits of the account numbers?

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I think it is a symbolic gesture they use on the consumer version of their report to make you feel like they care about your privacy.

I have seen versions of my Experian report (in my tri-merge for example) that show the entire account number.

10. creditfree

And then what about the privacy about my last 12 known addresses, names I could also be listed under, and where I've worked in the past? Did you know they also listed my current home address as 'non-residential'...I'm beginning to wonder about all this...any other thoughts to add?

11. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

You're preaching to the choir. I think it is a silly thing for them to do.

12. creditfree

Yeah, I know I am...I just don't agree with the way the reports are laid out, especially this part of it.

13. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Did they actually display your real SSN #?

On my consumer copy that I requested by phone, Experian does not print out the actual SSN# for security purposes. So it would be kind of strange that they would indicate your real SSN#, but not your whole credit account number.

Debbie

14. creditfree

Yes, I printed it off their website, all my info is visible, except for the CA's account numbers...go figure.

15. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

On 4/25 I mailed out a copy of the pages of my report that contained my personal information. I drew a large "x" through the ones I was disputing and wrote next to each one the reason, such as: duplicate address, pls delete; incomplete-not accurate, pls delete; never lived in that town, pls delete, etc. I got my correction summary, dated 5/10 showing where they deleted all but 2 that I had asked them to. Not a big deal as they're just slight variations on the same valid address.

I had also asked them to remove an inaccurate notice that one of the places I lived is listed as a non-residential address. Even though they have the type of address listed as an "Apartment complex" the notice says that it is an "Amusement-Recreation Business." For some reason they didn't delete that notice as I'd requested. Instead they'd sent another form letter in a seperate envelope that arrived the same day. Part of it said: (Q) Why does the notice "first address listed is a non-residential address" appear on my credit report? (A) As a part of our fraud-prevention program, we evaluate address information. This notice indicates that the address you gave us is a non-residential address. (Well, it's not!)

Also on my Correction Summary under "Social Security number variations" it lists my SSN and it also says "As a security precaution, we did not list the Social Security number that you gave us when you contacted us." (They can't be referring to any of my disputes because I keep copies of what I'm sending them and they all have the correct SSN listed.) In addition to that under "Notices" it says "The Social Security number you gave us when you contacted us has not been issued by the Social Security Administration."

So I've got two things listed under "Notices" (the non-residential address and the comment about the SSN) that I'd like to have removed. Has anyone been succesful in getting these types of notices deleted?

Also I just now noticed they have my NY driver's license listed when I live in TX now. Guess I should get that updated next time I send in a dispute.

16. creditfree

I mailed a letter off to Experian today to have them make the change to my 'non-residential address' status, let's see how successful I am, little do they know...that's only the beginning.