EXPERTS, How do I increase my

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Feb 12, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I was approved with a limit of $300 (boy, are they stingy!) How do I increase this limit? How long will it take?

2. steve

steve Well-Known Member

RE: EXPERTS, How do I increase

Be thankful with the $300 first they want to see if you will pay before they raised the limits.

3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Be patient, pay on time, use the card. I started at $300 also; they increased my limit every 6 months, but they started small. Took about 4 years to reach $2K.

4. mother2

I'm in no hurry

Just want to rebuild my credit so I can purchase a home in a year or 2. :eek:)

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If you can...charge $290.00 every month, pay in full till something happens (give them six months).

If nothing happens in getting a credit line increase maybe it is time to move on....

6. mother2

Thanks, I'll remember that.

I'm sure with the gas prices these days, it won't be hard to do.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: even better.

If you are allowed to make online payments to them, charge up near the limit, and pay off the account, twice or more a month..

I did that with capitalone, i'd charge up $400 (of $500), and immediately do the online payment for $400, then repeat.

They certainly do see your paying patterns, and may be more impressed by that, charge everything (auto) insurance, groceries, whatever.