experts on fcra & fdcpa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by hhh329, Nov 5, 2001.

1. hhh329

hhh329 Well-Known Member

need help:

i have one listing, a paid collection from '97 left.

it was reported w/o notifying me of the debt. does anyone know what article/section of the fcra/fdcpa this violates, if any.

and i also sent a validation letter, and have yet to hear from them. do they have 30 days to respond? if i don't hear from them, is this a violation as well? if so, what clause/agency again..

and regarding the estopple (sp?), how much time do they have on the follow up to the validation? and if they still don't reply, is this a violation too?

thanx in advance!
    hth

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

There is the answer to all your questions right there above.

There is no debt so nobody is trying to collect from you so you have no protection under FDCPA whatever. I get them off quite often, but even as good as I am I would not guarantee their removal.

While it may be a violation of FCRA, it's such a trivial argument that I've never bothered to look it up to find out. How are you going to prove a negative before a court of law if it came down to that?

Simple and sad fact is that you really have nothing to fight over that you have any solid grounds to fight over.

Sorry to be so brunt about it, but that's the way I see it.

3. hhh329

hhh329 Well-Known Member

well,

there is no debt now since the bal is $0, but since it went to collection, obviously there was a debt before i paid it in spring of '98. i was made aware until afetr i knew i can order my cr reports, at the start of 98.

~sob, guess i'll go ahead and start looking to refinance with that mark on my report and hope for approval/good %.

hth

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

No, I wouldn't do that either. I'd just dispute it come about the 5th of December when your chances of getting it wiped out are going to be at their highest.

You don't have to pay no phony "credit repair expert" to do that for you either. Anything they can do you can do for yourself for free. And there are plenty of great letters in the letters section on this board if you need help writing one. They don't cost anything either.

Just wait till about December 5th and go for it.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Just dispute it will all three as not yours. Many times the creditor/collection agency will not repsond to the cra request to investigate when you've sent a letter to them prior.

It's an avoidance issue to eliminate self-incrimination.... like when Bbauer refuses to answer the simple question... "Bill, are your required to follow the law as described in the CREDIT REPAIR ORGANIZATIONS ACT". His response, when you get one is off topic.

As for listing the account without notifying you... sorry, they didn't break the law. What you're thinking about is the FCRA statue that says if an item is deleted from your credit report, for it to be returned it must be certified and you must be notified within 5 days.

Hope this helps...

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

At least it isn't like following your advice which ends up being worse than taking a gallon of epsom salts.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Feeling like a war again aren't you Bill... Check the board, someone else just posted how I was able to help them... FOR FREE!

Answer the question Bill.... Please... Please... Please... I know you won't do it!

8. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

I am really beginning to think there's a Broken Record on this board posing as a person.

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

So give me the link.

10. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

What link are you looking for Mr. Bauer?

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

The one that Exlax Boy is talking about above.

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

13. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Are you and Cristine conspiring?
    Are you aware of the conspiracy laws?
    Are you aware of the Rico Act?

LOL

14. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hey Bill,
    LOL.....No seriously LOL...I meant LOL

I just want to say LOL but I can't, LOL. LOL.

But really LOL...no just kidding...LOL

LOL

Peace, Dave

PS...LOL

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

??

????

&#191 &#191
    (OLL)

16. hhh329

hhh329 Well-Known Member

Bkev,

I guess it's worth a try. Although I never thought about going it at that route as they have verified the listing numerous times already.

But, big BUT, they did the same to the other 2 accounts, verified that is, in which when I contacted the Agency, I immediately got a reply in writing stating they'll delete the accounts.

So, either the CA has verified the account prior to me contacting them, or the CB never bothered to contact them in the first place. At any rate, I didn't ax the CA if there had been any inquiry as to the validity of the listed acc. by the CB.

hth

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Good luck hhh... keep us informed as to your progress?? :)

18. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

This is yet another thread ruined by Bill and Bkev. You guys need to stop this.

Doc