Experts please look in here!HELP!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mdaniels, Sep 2, 2001.

1. mdaniels

mdaniels New Member

Does pulling my own credit file
    Count towards a "to many inquires in last 12 mos"?
    I applied for a new car loan through peoplefirst.com and got a letter saying that I was denied do to
    1.lack of recent installment loan information
    2.to many inquiries.
    3.amount owed on accounts to high

I pulled my report and have 27 inquires,12 are credit inquiries and the rest say
    cd-equifax consumer service
    id equifax consumer service
    equifax consumer service cw
    equifax consumer service sp
    what does cw,sp,cd,id mean?
    I have signed up online for credit watch and have pulled my report online.
    The amonts owed is to high is BS,here is my card info
    American express,im a AU $456 High $164 balance
    Exxon I am a AU $2000 high $113 balance
    Household Credit services im a AU $11200 LIMIT $23 balance
    All are perfect,no lates
    My dad is the holder of all these,he put me on as a AU
    I have NO NEGATIVE INFO.
    My address is a mailboxes ect,does that matter at all?I could use my home address if needed but I live in a apt complex and the mail man puts mail in the wrong boxes all the time.
    Help! what do I need to do to get a new car loan?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

1) People first .com is difficult to get a car loan from with credit problems...try someone easier or a dealer.

2) Consumer inquiriies do not count in your credit scoring and do not hurt you.

3) IF there are errors on your report (like balances) you must get those corrected B4 applying again.

4) If you have bad credit, you might want to start with a easy bank like Householdauto.com.

hope this helps.

3. mdaniels

mdaniels New Member

Thanks for the reply roni,I want a new car but do not want to get raped on interest or have to put alot if any money down,My file is clean and my dad added me as AU.Is AU viewed the same as actually being the card holder and why did they say the balances were to high?
    Is a Mailbox ect address ok,oh yeah I live in orlando florida if that makes any difference.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I dont think that a po box hurts too much. It is suppose to hurt you getting instants or credit card, etc or lower your score. BUt i dont think it is written in stone.

Your best bet for a new car is a dealer. If your credit is fine you should have no problem. People first is not easy. GETting a good rate on a NEW car is a easy thing to do. Talk to a dealer.