Exxon Mobil Preapproval

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DaveLV, Jun 5, 2001.

1. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got an Exxon Mobil preapproval in the mail today. What's the consensus here on the board for this card? I noticed it is offered by Monogram -- a couple of months ago I got a Walt-Mart preapproval from them, and I got the card.

I know my Walt-Mart card reports, so I expect this one would too. I was not going to go out and apply for any more credit this year, but since I added Nectar in March and Walt-Mart in April, if I was going to add any new credit it might as well be now since I already have the two new accounts.

Thoughts?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I used to have the Exxon card, no complaints here, they report to all three and were very prompt when I locsed my account to report immediately to the big 3.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Why did you close it?

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well Dave I was up to 12 accounts, too many for me so I closed any cards that had low limits and I already had my major cards and a retail so I decided to close exxon along with a few others. Never had problems always posted payments on time and reported to all three.

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I closed EXXON as well

I agree with Mom - I clipped up SIX open lines of useless credit, down to 6 cards - AMEX and Visa/MCs/
    Target for the retail card mix.

Exxon closed at consumer request - it showed up on my latest reports.
    c ya dogman