ExxonMobil increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NJones, Oct 3, 2003.

1. NJones

NJones Well-Known Member

ExxonMobil card $200 increase from $200, for a total of $400... It's small, but it's something! Discover wouldn't give me even $50!
    I paid the ExxonMobil card off monthly, but only charge around $20/month to it. It's been open since May.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HEY...DISCOVERCARD WON'T GIVE ME CLI OF $10...WITHOUT AN INQUIRY!!!

3. NJones

NJones Well-Known Member

Ok, well, DISCOVERCARD thinks I'm lucky to have what I've got, and they did do a hard inquiry!
    Top that!
    j/k

4. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I had to take a hit too on discover card for my CL increase.....

Got a whopping 250 extra so now instead of 1200 I have a 1450 CL.

Wasn't worth the inquiry!

5. Peachkiwi

Peachkiwi Well-Known Member

Was this an automatic increase or did you call to request it? I've had my ExxonMobil card for about 8 years and I've never gotten an increase! Congratulations all the same.

6. Fledge

Fledge Member

Congrats on the increase!
    I was also curious as to how you got it. From what I understand, they don't dole them out automatically, so you probably had to call.
    I've had my card for almost a year, and during all this time the account payment website has been teasing that SOON you will be able to request a CLI online, but SOON has never come.
    I'm planning a nice little call on my one year anniversary if the online request system doesn't kick in.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I got ExxonMobil Gas Card since 98 and they gave me increase to $1500 CL at first year. After that, they haven't increase my limit ever since. I didn't use the card that much and I used my ExxonMobil MC instead because it give me gas rebate.

Ron.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: ExxonMobil increase

I WOULD ASK THEM FOR A REFUND!!!

CANCEL THE $250 CLI AND CANCEL THE INQUIRY!!!

They WON'T DO IT...but I would REFUSE the $250 on grounds that the $250 CLI is ILLOGICAL

9. NJones

NJones Well-Known Member

I called and requested it.