Fair Isaac contact?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Some of you (Jason and others) have posted absolute FICO answers.

I am looking for a Fair Isaac contact to ask about how accounts are aged with respect to the formula.

I am getting busted for too new accounts, even though I have many 5-7 year old accounts. The problem is that those accounts "months reviewed" are light. So they accounts look younger than they are. Equifax says it's the subscriber's deal, the subscriber says it's how Equifax reports their info.

I'm trying to get an answer on how FICO gets the accounts' ages. Any contacts at Fair Isaac?

Or any answers??? :)

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Interesting! I have many accounts which have not reported anything years. Some of these accounts are closed so months reviewed may have stopped at the time closed. I wonder if that is hurting me. I wish I had known in 1998 when I closed all my accounts how much it would hurt my score. Back then I had lost a card and got spooked so I closed almost everything reasoning that it's safer just to have one or two active. Now I am severely penalized for an action which I thought was a financially sound move.
    Mist

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Marie, If you can still access Bayhouse boards, I realize Christine is not running the boards, however I think you can still view the old threads. There is a thread concerning my husbands collection and Christine had spoken in great detail to a man named Barry(Papperno sp?) , but he was very informative. He was the only one that would speak with her regarding our account and FICO scoring.

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Momof3,

You stole my post!

Marie, she's right. Barry's posts at Bayhouse will help. If you search long enough, you may uncover a phone or fax number.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sorry Marci:)

Yes I am pretty sure there is a number or fax number in on of the bayhouse threads. Barry answered quite a few questions regarding FICO scoring.