FCNB credit line question?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ShyGuy, Oct 4, 2000.

1. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any idea what criteria FCNB uses to determine what your credit line is on a secured card (i.e., whether you get 100%, 300% or something in-between)?

My Chapter 7 was discharged in April, and I'd like to get a secured card. I'm considering FCNB and Chase. I sounds like people love FCNB, but I've heard good things about Chase, too.

Does anyone know how hard Chase is to get and how easy it is to unsecure?

Thanks.

2. ron becker

ron becker Guest

Well I got a secured MC from FCNB right after my Bk discharge and recieved a 150% credit line to deposite. I just applied for a secured VISA from FCNB and recieved 200% credit line to deposite.....BK was discharged in DEC OF 1999 MC was recieved in DEC. VISA was recieved in OCT 2000....I also have a UNSECURED VISA with fcnb wich was recieved in DEC OF 1999. I think the thing they look at is the TIME since BK and payment history......

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I think with negatives, I mean a couple, they usually use the 150%.

4. Hubert X

Hubert X Guest

A bankruptcy is a huge negative, plus it involves many other negatives. Can anyone guess what those would be? That's right, all the accounts discharged in the bankruptcy.

A couple of negatives would be no problem at all compared to the horror and shame of bankruptcy. FCNB is good precisely because they hold their nose and grant partially unsecured credit to those with recent bankruptcies.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hold their nose? Man you are super negative. This board is about positivity. Life shouldnot be that hard.

6. FISH

FISH Guest

BIG EGO OR WHAT

The people are only asking for advice .......If you can't give something good why don't you take your attitude and go to another board where they MAY appreciate your "words of wisdom" FCNB is a very good bank and they offer some prime as well as subprime cards. I have gone from secured at 400. a few years ago to MC 3000. unsecured and Visa 2800. unsecured now and they have lowered the APR and annual fee. So if you don't know what you are talking about DON"T
    advise someone who is aking a question. People come here for help and advise NOT SMART REMARKS

7. Hubert X

Hubert X Guest

Ego matched by Credit Limit

That's funny. When I signed on to this site, I thought it said Creditnet, not Fishnet. I had no idea you owned this site.

I don't think you started out with prime cards from FCNB either. We all know that what makes them unique is their willingness to add a little bit of unsecured credit to a secured card. Lots of banks issue prime cards, but only a few such as FCNB are willing to lift credit derelicts out of the gutter. We should all be grateful for their compassion.

You are lucky to have a credit genius like myself to help you improve your credit. If bankrupts only listen to other bankrupts, then the likely result will be another bankruptcy. That's called the blind leading the blind.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Ego matched by Credit Limi

We should all hold our nose to your post.

9. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

How does it work? Does the money you add after your initial security deposit also get the 150% treatment? (For example, if you start with $300 at 150% and later send in an additional $200, does your credit limit go to $750?)

Thanks.

10. FISH

FISH Guest

RE: Ego matched by Credit Limi

Of course they did not start out as prime, they were secured............TRY to read, they are now unsecured and lowered in rates.The rest of your remarks would be a waste of time to respond to and for others to bother to read

11. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

acutally ur right . plus people with a bk are the best costumers ! for to simple reasons 1. you can charge them as much interest and they still will pay . 2) and it;s the most important is that they can;t file BK agian for a long while in which the bank for sure is going to get it's money back with extra fees .