FCNB...How long b/f going unsecured

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, Aug 29, 2001.

1. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

FCNB how long b/f going unsecured?

I have a FCNB secured card. My question is how long do they make you wait before going unsecured?

I have a credit limit of 1000.00 on it. The first month I maxed it out and paid 800.00 . They past four months I have maxed it out then paid it off to zero balance.

Also...Does anyone know the day FCNB posts payments to credit reports? I have yet to figure this one out? I hate to continuously max it out and pay it off... if it's not going to post that way.

Thanks

MartysGirl

2. sm691

sm691 Well-Known Member

Re: FCNB how long b/f going unsecured?

My husband has one, and was told that they would look at making it unsecured after 1 year. The kicker is that there has to be a ZERO ballance on it at that time, otherwise they won't send the deposit back...so just remember to let it sit there the last couple of months. Hope this helps...

Shanna

3. MartysGirl

Shanna

Do you know if 1 yr is the "set rule"? I think Roni was telling me that she had FCNB secured and after 5 months, don't quote me I may be wrong, they turned her over to unsecured? Then...Later she got a Spiegel from FCNB. And the rest has been history for her ;-)

Thanks

MartysGirl

4. sm691

sm691 Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure. The phone rep he talked with told him 6 months, then the paperwork we got with the credit card said 1 year. If she was able to do it, I'd love to know how....

Shanna

5. MartysGirl

Shanna

Maybe ... if Roni has time away from moving and adjusting to her new home... ;-) She can give us more in depth information about her situation with FCNB.

I can say.. I hope to follow as close to her footsteps as possible... she has done wonders for herself in 18 months.... Roni... Rules....!!!!!!!!!!!!

MartysGirl

P.S. Breeze, NanaC, and Roni.. have for sure got it together....!!!!! I look up to these ladies...!!

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Thank you MG. Actually, ummm, I kinda look up to you too.

Was it Nana who was singing that old song..."we -be-long to a mu-tu-allll ad-mir-a-tion so-ci-e-ty."

teehee