FCNB MASTERCARD QUESTION!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by niecy25, Nov 13, 2000.

1. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

I applied today and was approved for a 150% deposit, pending further verification. Has this ever happened to anyone else. I don't want to send in a deposit if they are not going to actually give me the card. Or turn me down two days from now. Please somebody let me know if this is a normal process. Thank you.

2. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: FCNB MASTERCARD QUESTION!!

Hw did you apply? Was it over the phone and they told you immediately, or what. I applied through the mail, and I called to check the status and I was also approved, pending verification. I just had to mail them a copy of my phone bill. It could be anything, or it could be nothing at all. Sometimes that's just the way these creditors talk.

Good Luck

3. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

I was approved over the phone

4. Michael

Michael Guest

Verification would be the following:

1. Social Security Number
    2. Address
    3. Phone # (possibly)

If they can't verify this through the usuall databanks then they will ask you to send in a copy of your SS Card, and/or a copy of a utility bill with your address on it.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

They asked me for this junk even though my address was 1+ years, plenty of junk on my report to verify name, work, address, etc.

I found it rude, and intrusive. (just me personally) and degrading, since other banks did not ask me for this information.

6. Michael

Michael Guest

People change employment often and salary's change even more often, how can you be offended?

I bet you would be more offended if anything on your report was wrong, and they DID NOT ask you, and took it to be a fact.

Come on think before you say something like that. Everyday people @!#$ about denials because of wrong info on reports, and your bitching because they gave you the decency to request accurate info!