FCNB - Newport News

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jun 20, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Remember back in January...okay, maybe you don't. Well anyhow, back in January, I applied for a FCNB - Newport News credit card (women's apparel catalog). I was denied. Boohoo.

Well today, I get their new catalog and guess what? I've been pre-approved for a CL up to $825. Isn't that a hoot. I saw on Privista that they pulled 2 soft inquiries last month and I knew this was coming. HA! Forget them! They didn't want me then, so I don't want them now!

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Now, Shantel, don't take it personally, ;)

breeze

3. nj_newbie

nj_newbie Well-Known Member

That is exactly how I got my Newport News charge. I don't have any complaints about it either. It reports correctly every month and consistently offers deferred billing. Plus you can use it at Spiegel and Eddie Bauer. Sometimes I use it at the Eddie Bauer in the mall.

Maybe you will reconsider:)

nj_newbie

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi Shantel!
    I have the FCNB MC and the Spiegel - they offered me an Eddie Bauer and the Newport News.

Even though I live in San Francisco, there were only women's accessories and clothes. Nahhh.....

best wishes - dogman

5. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

LOL Breeze....it WAS personal!

I'm going to reconsider nj_newbie...only because they have some of the COOLEST clothes. And I like Eddie Bauer stuff too. But it sure feels good to have them chasing ME this time. :D

6. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

Hey Shantel

don't knock em' till you try them. I have had the NN card since 11/99 and went from $400 CL to $3600. I think the increase come about every three months. Ranging from $300 to $1400 (once). 99% of the items I order come with deferred payment so I think I have paid about $6 bucks interest since I got the card. I am slowly re-doing the house in Eddie Bauer Home stuff, as they say image is everything.