FCNB Secure Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lena, Feb 27, 2001.

1. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Does anybody have First Comsumers National secure credit card at the moment. If so when you made your first deposit did they match it at at 150% or more with $100 and up. Or do they start out with less. I have been checking into other secure credit cards. I wanted to apply with key bank and trust who had you deposit $350 for the secure card and get $525, that $175 they give you up front but they emailed and told me they no longer offer this card anymore. Just wanted to know has anybody gotten 100 & up from First Comsumers when sign up with their secure credit.

2. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

It depends on how they approve you.They have 100 150 200 and 300%.I do know they approve you instantly over the phone at 1 800 876 3262

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I had the card when my credit was worse. I got 150%. I think everybody gets that. My assistant at work has TERRIBLE credit and she got that deal.

roni

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I was approved for just 100% of my deposit 4 months ago. I think they checked my Trans Union report and the only things on there were a collection account from 5 years ago and a Capital One card with perfect pay history but only 3 months old.

5. rachal

rachal Member

I also have the FCNB at 150%. I really like the card. they are prompt to report and seemed to be a good credit builder...after i had the card for a few months, i received offers (and acceptance) from prime cards. they also do periodic increases without me having to ask (or beg like other cards). they returned my deposit after a year (i didnt ask to unsecure it) and my limit is now $4,000. Not bad for starting with $100!

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

thanks I think I will go ahead and apply with them

7. kim

kim Well-Known Member

I received 300% from FCNB. This made my limit $900. After a few months, the gave me $100 increase so my limit is now $1,000. I'm about to unsecure it.