FCNB -Spiegel and limits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by M, Feb 1, 2001.

1. M

M Guest

Hey all,

I just got my bill today from Spiegel and they gave me another $1000 upgrade to my limit. Now at $2850.

This is great news as it makes my available credit to balance look even better.

I have no intention of using this additional credit, it just makes my report look better!

Hey, when you're sub-subprime this is a good thing.

For those of you just starting out:

1. Get a FCNB secured card.

2. PAY ON TIME and more than than the min.

3. After about 6 months they will offer you a Spiegel card with a $875 limit.

4. Buy something from them.

6. PAY ON TIME!

7. Continue to order stuff from them.... It really doesn't have to be anything big.

8. PAY ON TIME AND MORE THAN THE MINIMUM! ( Did I say this before?)

My score a couple of months ago with all my sub cards maxed out was 622. (Qspace). As of this month I've paid all of them down to less than 50% of the limits.

With this boost from Spiegel I wonder what will happen?

I will wait about a month and pull the report again and report the results back here.

Thanks for lisitening to my rambeling...

M

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

You're lucky M. I applied for a FCNB card (through Newport News catalog). I was denied. They gave a laundry list of reasons why. How do I get a secured one from them?

3. M

M Guest

Hi Shantel,

Go here: http://www.fcnb.com/home.html

When I started with FCNB my credit was worse than bad. I had to go the secured route. I had a repo and many unpaid accounts at that time.

I wish you well.

M

Shantel wrote:
    -------------------------------
    You're lucky M. I applied for a FCNB card (through Newport News catalog). I was denied. They gave a laundry list of reasons why. How do I get a secured one from them?