Fcnb - Stunned!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Zoe, Jul 25, 2001.

1. Zoe

Zoe Active Member

I wrote to FCNB requesting information on an old account. I asked for copies of the monthly statements for 1997/1998. In today's mail I get a form to fill out. They want me to send a FIVE DOLLAR fee for each statement I requested. Has any one ever heard of this? Any suggestions on how I should proceed with this?

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Amex wanted 11 dollars per statement the last time I tried to get an old one. My local bank charges 3.00 per statement.

Shawn

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

That's very common. You shouldn't be stunned.

4. Zoe

Zoe Active Member

The form was actually in responce to my validation request.

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Copies are copies. They probably have to send someone to print them from microfilm. Especially if you asked for them. I wouldn't have.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

When I saw STUNNED in the title, I thought someone had seen my EX! LOL...... Dog

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

If someone had seen my ex, it would have read: FCNB - YUCK!! LOL

8. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

I have had to order old statements from them. It was to prove that I didn't live at an adress that Ameritech claimed I had a phone bill. I did have to pay the $5 per month and let me tell you.........It took forever and then they sent me the wrong months! Good Luck............

9. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I am FLABBERGASTED they charge $5

10. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I don't think they can charge when there is a billing dispute or error!

11. mglanham

check this out................I sent FCNB a really well written letter (if I do say so myself) hinting that their may or may not be some foul play concerning my account. Long story short, I got a letter from them yesterday saying they were going to delete any derogatory info on my credit file. It was a chargeoff and to think I had almost given up on them!! One chargeoff down, a providian charge off to go. I know, most think it is impossible..........apparently it's not!

Bad Credit.............not for long

12. marci

marci Well-Known Member

mglanham,

I have a similar issue with FCNB concerning inaccurate reporting on one of my credit reports. Would you mind sharing the address to which you sent your letter?

Thanks,

13. mglanham

no problem, send me a direct email at mglanham@yahoo.com and I will fill you in on the details.