FCNB Website Introduction....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Sep 17, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

First Consumers National Bank now has their website
    up and working. I have checked my account status..
    actually did not look what else they do on there yet.

Amazingly, it is found at
    www.fcnb.com

It is fairly well done but I don't personally care for their color choices...but at least they now have online access.

Just went back and noticed they now offer secured cardholders up to 5X deposit amount. That is a good deal for someone starting out - or needing a card that has a reasonable interest rate to begin with and has legit fees. They report to all three bureaus.

They ended up being a good card for me with my $5K unsecured MC. They unsecured my $2500 in maybe 24 -30 months, then raised limit - never been raised since. I don't know it they even go higher than $5K unsecured.

The best part is you get an automatic Spiegel or Newport News or Eddie Bauer (all of which can be used in each affiliate's stores or catalogs) about 6-9 months after you get the MC account.

Spiegel is an excellent retail card for products AND reports. LOL!

later - dogman

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$5,000 MAXIMUM CREDIT LIMIT.

So I can't give them $20,000 for a $100,000 credit limit...

"TOO BAD, SO SAD"

:(

3. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Dog,thanks for the info.

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

George, a couple of questions: If they would let you give them $20,000 for a $100,000 credit limit, what would you do with that lofty LOC? Also, why would you want to give them $20,000 for the privilege of being a debtor to them anyway? Inquiring minds (well, one inquiring mind anyway) want to know.

Doc

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I don't need a secured account, I was just saying what if...

6. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. It looks like FCNB may be coming out of the stone age. It has been a couple of months since I went to their site. This is definitely an improvement. Now, if they could only do online payments like Cap1.

Also, nice to see they have raised their LOC from 3 times your deposit to 5 times. Maybe they will also make improvements so that you can access your other accounts online (Spiegels, etc.). Noticed they are pushing MasterCard. Wonder if they are getting away from issuing Visa cards.