FCNB

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by slt, Dec 28, 2000.

1. slt

slt Guest

First Consumers Natl Bank has change their terms:

1. Late payment fee jump from 29.00 to 35.00

2. Grace Period reduce from 25 days to
    21 days

What is happening???

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

They are making more money!! :) hehe

I wonder if decreasing the grace period and increasing the late payment fee is just a method to make more people induce late payments.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

This will force people to basically mail their payment the same week that they get it in the mail...NO WAITING!!!

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

yah thats dirty for those without online payment!!! I always knew this bank was a dirty bank thats why i didn't sign up.

aria/providian are at least straight up in their money-robbing ways. same with cap1, they take your money in your face, rather than try to trick folks into throwing more money at them!!

5. S.D.

S.D. Guest

HOW IS FCNB??

To those of you who have this card or have heard anything about this card, can you please share your experiences with me? I am looking for a secured card. So far, I have only considered Cap One. I was approved for a $200 for $99 card (wow)and have heard pretty good things about them. Input please? TIA

6. Saar

Saar Banned

The list of "excellent banks for credit (re)builders" is getting shorter and is now virtually empty.

First, there was Western Security Bank, with its exceptional 5.9% APR card. This program was terminated.

Then, there was Orchard Bank, which was one of the best. Once bought by Household it's become one of the worst.

Now, FCNB is probaly gone from the list too. a $35 late payment fee is highway robbery.

Saar

7. TK

TK Guest

I have found eveyone are raising their fees. Which is bad for the consumer who ends up paying the fees. However the increase in late fees will motivate some people to pay early, . But... should you have to be late, ouch, taht really takes a bite out of your pocket. I happen to like FCNB though I have three accounts with them, eddie bauer,m/c,visa. I haven't had any problems.