FCNB

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Y.M., Apr 16, 2001.

1. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

I called FCNB today to close my Eddie Buaer master card.A nice lady didn't try to keep me as a customer,she just asked me why I want to close the account.I got their card (1,000 limit)in mail last Sat. Last week I applied Umbrella checking account and was approved.They also offered me credit card with $5,000 credit line and 3.9% BT for six months.I thought Umbrella credit card is harder to get than Eddie Bauer.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY???

3. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

No,George.When I told her the reason why I want to close it she just said "oh,I see",but I didn't say something like ;if you increase limit I will keep this account....

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I'm sorry tho hear that you close Eddie Bauer Mastercard. I haven't tried aaplying for Umbrella Bank and I have no idea they are tougher. If you can get Eddie Bauer, you shouldn't have any trouble to get them.

Ron.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Y.M,
    Why don't you ask them to icrease the limit of the card? Sometimes they will increase thecredit limit because you don't have enough credit limit to use the card.

Ron.

6. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Hi,ron.But I was told Umbrella is a bit harder to get.BTW,it looks like you have to apply their other products first (checking,IRA...),then they will give you credit card offer if you qualify.They didn't ask my income because I applied their checking.I know some banks send credit card pre-approved offer out and only need you to sign it.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Y.M.,
    Hi,Y.M.Well,some banks approved a liitle bit easier when you have checking account with them like Bank of America. They offer you the best rate that they got. Pre-approved credit card application sometimes denied you or they give you classic card instead of the platinium and it depends on your credit history. It had happened to me before. By the way what is the rate for the Umbrella Bank credit cards? Good Luck.

Ron.

8. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

After first six months my APR will be prime+5.9%.Their classic card has lower rate,10.9%.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Y.M.,
    It is not a bad rate and what type of card that you're going to get? Platinium or classic cards?

Ron.

10. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Ron, After I submitted my application the screen showed;you are also approved for following products 1)over draft Loc-limit $3,000 2)Platinum Visa--5,000 3)invitation--Home equity loan.But I did't accept their over draft line of credit and home equity loan offer.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Y.M.,
    It looked like you got pre-approved for their Platinium cards and they still check your credit. I don't have any accounts with them so I don't know they will approve you instantly. Good luck.

Ron.

12. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

When I send my application online they pulled check system and credit report instantly.I called Umbrella bank today ,they told me that and I was indeed approved for their card.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Congradulations, Y.M.

Ron.