FCRA Violation??????????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zumwald1, Aug 9, 2003.

1. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

I just noticed that one of my accounts that has been closed for quite some time is being listed as open on the credit bureaus, I am still making payments on the account though and it has some lates on it. Do you think this might be a violation that I can use as leverage to get those lates off???? They have refused the goodwill letter???? By the way, is credit repair addicting??? I have been glued to this site since I found it. Any comments would be appreciated!!!!!

DiSpy

PS. One goodwill has worked & disputes with credit bureaus have removed 1 collection account. I have tons more to fight but at least it is a start. Thanks for all the ideas!!!

2. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

Bump!!!

3. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

Hello????

4. Maxine_W

Maxine_W Member

No, credit repair cannot be addicting. Once your credit is perfect, there's nothing to repair, and thus nothing to be addicted to.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Then it's
    addicting because it will never be perfect just ask GEORGE.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: FCRA Violation??????????

I have been working on my credit reports for OVER 20 YEARS!!!!

...and I have NO "BADDIES"

All I want is 100% CORRECT!!!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: FCRA Violation??????????

CREDIT LIMIT N/A---->CHANGE TO $15,500----->REMOVED WHOLE ACCOUNT

RESPONSIBILITY----->INDIVIDUAL NOT UNKNOWN----->FRIVOLOUS

CREDIT LIMIT N/A----->CHANGE TO $5,000---->FRIVOLOUS

ACCOUNT IS CLOSED NOT OPEN---->REMAINS

ACCOUNT IS OPEN NOT CLOSED---->REMAINS

BALANCE IS MONTHS OUTDATED------>REMAINS

BALANCE NEVER WAS $17,500...HIGH BALANCE $10,542---->CONSUMER DISPUTES THIS ACCOUNT

CREDIT LIMIT $5,000 OUTDATED WITH BALANCE $15,000...SHOULD SAY CREDIT LIMIT $22,700 WITH BALANCE $15,000---->REMAINS

NEED I GO ON???

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: FCRA Violation??????????

George you just proved it.It don't take baddies for bad credit.All it takes is the nimrod creditors,cillectors and CRAs.

9. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

Re: Re: Re: FCRA Violation??????????

Well, I have a long way to go to perfect!!!!!!! These lates are killing me though & it does not look promising!!!! Do you think I could get anywhere with them not reporting it correctly, I am grasping at straws here I know but I am willing to go to any lengths to get this stuff off!!! Maybe I'll just give it a try, what the heck, I have absolutely nothing to lose but bad credit!!!!