Fee Waived on AMEX Platinum?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tony, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Tony

Tony Guest

I am an AMEX Platinum charge card holder. I was wondering if anyone know if AMEX ever reduces their annual fee of $300 or let me add an addition holder without a fee? I was given a $60 credit when I had my reward plus gold card, but just wondering if they had some type of similiar thing for the platinum?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Fee Waived on AMEX Platinu

DON'T THINK SO...That is why a lot of people keep the "GOLD AMEX" and don't ever upgrade.

3. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

They only waive the fee on the additional if your account is established and has no supps on it as an incentive to put a supp on there. The $300 fee is only waived on the Platinum Lexus Card if buy a Lexus!

4. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Ahh... When purchasing a Lexus, you have to actually qualify for the Platinum.. They don't just give it to you... Once approved, your fee is waived..

I still wouldn't buy a Lexus

5. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Re: Jason, question for you

I have had a Green amex since 92. If I upgrade that to a gold or platinum, will my account number remain the same or will it change? I don't want to lose a nine year old tradeline on my report.

Also, on the amex site, when I log on as a cardholder, I see a "Accept Pre-approval" button on the "learn more" pages of some of the cards. Are these really pre-approvals?

Thanks for your help.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Re: Jason, question for you

Nice sarcasm - Monsieur Platinum :)
    c ya dogman