Fell Off Wagon Today!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Nov 24, 2000.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

Darn!!! I fell off the no inquiry wagon today! I relasped! I'm a bad bad boy! When is the next support meeting? It's time to confess. Here's how it happened.

My bother called and said since we didn't see each other Thanksgiving, we needed to spend the day together. (that turkey only said that because his wife told him she didn't want to be bothered with him today!) Well we watched football then he suddenly remembered he needed to return some pants at Foley's. Off to the mall we went! All the people! We parked miles away from Foley's.

While in line two people received instant approval for Foley's card! If I hadn't been so dam nosey I wouldn't known that they received $1000 limits! The saleslady looked at me and saw the saliva coming from my mouth. I began to twitch and nervously move around! Then she went for the kill. She handed me an application and an ink pen. She was worse than a drug dealer! Peddling credit! And I was her victim! She saw that I was reluctant so sweetened the deal! "Please apply...If you already have a Mastercard or Visa then you will get approved...No one gets denied...It only takes a minute or two...I'll give you your account number now and you can immediately use plus a 10%...you get this free bag just for applying" There I was weak and withdrawn! I nearly bent over and yelled for help! I could no longer resist! I snatched the applicationa and pen and signed my name. She ask the questions and punched my answers in the cash register! (ain't that something). I felt certain I would get approved. Afterall I gave her my mastercard, my oldest account, it's in perfect shape! I whispered a prayer! I promised God that I would buy a great Christmas present for someone whom I hate! The saleslady stood silently and then she said hmmm!She picked up the phone and starting talking to someome.. They were talking about me! I could hear them. She said OK. She then looked me straight in the eye and LIED! "You will received you letter and card in about 5 business days! WHAT! What happened to instant approval I asked. Where is my account number! I want to use the card now! She said, "Sir our computers are down therefore you have to wait" A likely story! The people before me got instant approval! I think she didnt have the guts to tell me that I was denied! Afterall she earlier told me no one gets denied! So that's what I get for falling off the wagon! Thanks for letting get that off my chest!

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Oh Killer you bad boy

LOL. it happens to the best of us.

Mom:)

3. river

river Well-Known Member

Killer,you are a character!!!!! LOL!!

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

HaHaHaHaHaHaH!!!!!

I'm crying....

Oh that's the best! =:-D

<getting up off the floor now...>

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

damn!

That was so sad. That is why I never apply for anything ever in a store. I just tell the saleperson, I dont like the stuff in here enough to need your card. That usually shuts them up even if I am lying. oh boy but that was funny. glad it wasnot me.

roni

6. Sister Gir

Sister Gir Guest

Killer,

Darling....do not blame yourself(we ALL have been there/done that.The May Companies(which operate Lord & Taylor,Foley's,Hecht's,Robinsons-May,Filene's are a W-E-I-R-D sort to figure.I know because you are my "deja-vu"...literally.I live in the Dallas are & have had my Lord & Taylor account since 1995(start $300--now $2100 credit limit).I went to Foley's w/my sister prepared to purchase a Coach shoulderbag($365.00),until the lady told me that they do not accept AMEX(funny....Lord & Taylor accepts it...okay).Well,since I only carry a gas card secondly,she suggested that I apply for a Foley's card(not that I was happy....I wanted to purchase w/my AMEX for membership rewards,buyer protection...you know).Well,can you imagine the STARK STARING MAD look upon my face when she said it needed further processing & I would get the "letter" telling me why.I came home from lunch EVERYDAY(not normal)to receive the letter so that I could contact these "son of biscuiteaters" to CANCEL my account. I can remember back sometime ago when you could use cards issued by the parent company at their other stores(like using Marshall Field's @ Target).Anyway, I purchased that item thru Coach's website(EXCLUDING them from seeing a profit from a sale)& I will N-E-V-E-R purchase from any of their locations again(recently closed my L&T account....when asked by CSR rep "why"...did not reply).

Whew !!!.....I 'm finished now.

God Bless,
    Terri L. Jones

7. Killer

Killer Guest

So I guess they denied you? I would think since you have AMEX they would approve you! I can't see it! Your credit certainly sounds worthy! The saleslady today insisted that I wasn't denied. She said "they didn't say that". Yea right! In the past people probably blew their top when she denied them after telling them they would be approved. She's learn how to avoid saying "your denied!"

8. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Lol Killer that was Well written !!
    Happenned to me alot don't take it personally

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sistergirl,
    I never even thought about buying coach online. I dont know what I was thinking. That is the last bit of info I needed right now. But I am glad to have it.

roni

10. Terri

Terri Guest

Yes,they denied me w/even the standard "green" AMEX handed to them as a reference account(even though they could see that I have had their account for 5 years ...never late or more than 50% line used @ any time).But,nevertheless...they declined me(this is a fairly new style Coach & is not offered@ Lord & Taylor).They fail to recognize that I pay my account in FULL each month & if AMEX was backing my purchase,they did not have anything to worry about.Makes you wonder how many sales do they actually turn away due the fact that they don't accept it ?

11. Terri

Terri Guest

Roni,

Sorry that I had to be the one to tell you about Coach online(but,know that you heard it from someone that LOVES YOU !!!)

Take care,

Terri L.Jones
    Coach's BEST customer

12. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Killer,

I've been there too...the last time I went through that horridness, I was at an Orioles game and they were offering the O's Mastercard (which I thought was cool because I was a MD resident at the time). Also, you got a free batting helmet, LOL. And to make things worse there were about 200 people surrounding the booth, who I was sure were all staring at me, the credit leper. I think I ran to the ladies' room in horror after that. (And I gave the batting helmet to my nephew as soon as I could.) Needless to say I haven't applied for a card in public since. My usual response is "Oh, I have too many cards already!" Nobody needs to know that they say things like "First Premier" and "FNBM" on them. ;-)

Cheers and Prosperity,
    Cindy

13. Killer

Killer Guest

LOL...I felt shameful too! And saleslady was looking at me as if I stole something!

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

There you go Cindy. That is how I do it.
    Plus it helps when you can bluff using a gold or platinum card from citibank as alternate payment.

roni.

15. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

You go, Roni! My day will come for those gold cards...I just got back my big three reports and all three had deletions!!! Transunion, which used to be my worst report, is now my best, go figure. Off they now go to Junum to see what they can do. And I'm doing all my shopping online with my debit card this year....

Cheers,
    Cindy