FICO/BEACON information

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fullduplex, May 8, 2001.

1. fullduplex

fullduplex New Member

I have followed this board for quite some time and thought I would offer my experience with FICO scoring.

On 5/30/99, I bought a car and my Beacon score was 590, which included a paid collection account from 96, a paid BofA loan (98) with many 30,60 lates and a BofA credit card with many more 30,60,90 lates. There were 5 positive trade lines - one retail card and 4 finance company loans.

On 7/15/00, my Beacon score was 641, which included the same accounts plus two and I paid off the BofA credit card. I was approved for an FHA loan in August 00, two Bank loans in November 00 and a Chase card in January 01. I checked my score in March 01 and it dropped to 601 due to the new loans/credit and inquiries. (I'm guessing since nothing else changed).

I just bought a car yesterday and my score jumped to 672, exactly 6 months after the bank loans were activated. It will be interesting how far my score drops after this new loan is activated and what it will move to after the mortgage hits the one year mark.

Just more information to digest.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight. I have had similar experiences with my credit scores. Based on what has happened to both of us, your score willprobably drop temporarily then rebound to a higher level.