FICO Guide

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kristi, Nov 2, 2000.

1. Kristi

Kristi Guest

Anyone seen this yet. It's FICO's new way to make yet another few dollars by now selling a fico guide. First, they hissed at anyone knowing their FICO and fought tooth & nail and suddenly because they HAVE to show them, now they are full of answers and at a price?

Irritates me.
    https://www.ficoguide.com/sample_report.cfm

2. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Has anyone tried this?

They don't tell you how much it costs. They only tell you that they will contact you by email in 1-2 business days.

Anyone know how much it costs?

3. paule

paule Guest

Still not for consumers

It looks like they are giving lenders this information so they can share it with the consumers. When will we be able to get our scores?
    And is the beacon score the same as the fico score?

4. Mo

Mo Guest

Yes, Kristi, it's amazing how smart all of us consumers become suddenly when (a) FI is being FORCED to give consumers their scores, and (b) since that is the case, they decide to make lemonade (money) out of the lemons (forced disclosure).

All these years, we have heard NOTHING but lame-lame-lame excuses from FI and the CRA's except about why we couldn't access our FICO scores, except, "It's too complicated for the consumer" OR "It has to be taken in context of a loan"...blah-blah-blah-on-and-on-blather-blather-blather.

Funny how making a scheckel or two changes their moral and business ethics (what a laugh!) compass 180 degrees, huh?

5. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Consumers can sign up

If you go through the signup process they have a button for consumers. Click on the button and a consumer can sign up. They just give you the guide they give Lenders.

6. David

David Well-Known Member

I just submitted my info

For all interested in obtaining your FICO guide analysis, go to "www.ficoguide.com"

Then click on "New Memeber Signup" on the side of the page.

Click continue, read the agreement and accept, then you get to the info page. Click the "Consumer" buttom. It will ask for your email address and a password for you to create. Then they ask for cc number, address, etc. They will contact you by e-mail in 1-2 business days with your confirmation key, which is used to purchase analyses.

7. Mo

Mo Guest

Analysis ONLY ????

From what I can tell, this is for the ANALYSIS only; that is, you must ALREADY have the FICO score and reason codes, (secured presumably from a lender).

I was under the impression, and perhaps others were, that the analysis was available ALONG WITH and BASED UPON a real-time FICO score.

Please let us know how yours turn out. Without a real-time FICO score, the value of the analysis is diminished.

8. paule

paule Guest

I want my scores not just anal

How, do I get my scores?
    I want to be able to get a credit report from each of the CRA with the FICO scores, without going to a lender. I don't want to have to involve a lender in this.

9. Eboni

Eboni Guest

This is how it works.....

You need a report with the score and the codes. Then the analysis will explain all of them to you.
    "To generate a FICO Guideâ?¢ analysis, please select the credit bureau providing the score, enter the score value, and the associated reason codes. Click "Purchase" to continue. "

After choosing the CRA and inputting the score and the codes the next screen looks like this

"You are about to purchase a FICO Guide analysis. Before proceeding, please verify that the following information is correct:

Credit Bureau:
    Equifax

Score:

Reason Codes:
    4 10 18 12

If you wish to change your request, use your browser's "Back" button or click the "Back" button below and correct the information you provided.

Click the "Finish" button below to receive your FICO Guide analysis. By doing so, you authorize a charge of $ 8.00 to the following account:

Visa # ****************

Please Note:
    Billing your card and generating the analysis may take a couple of minutes, please be patient.

When you click "Finish", the purchase will be charged to your credit card account, and your FICO Guide analysis will be produced. Once you leave the page containing the analysis or close your browser, you will not be able to re-display it. For best results, we strongly recommend that you print a copy of your analysis, using the "Print" button located on the left navigation area of your FICO Guide analysis."

So basically this is only good for people who already have the reports. The trick is the get the reports with the scores. There has to be some place you can pull your report as a lender and get the information.

Perhaphs go to a landlord site and sign up and pull your report?

10. paule

paule Guest

RE: This is how it works.....

This is basicly useless. I am not sure were I found it, but I already have a listing of what each of the reason codes mean.

11. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I agree

It is basically useless. And it costs 8.00

12. cadman

cadman Well-Known Member

RE: Has anyone tried this?

3. How much does the FICO Guide service cost?
    There is a fee of $8 for each analysis requested. All costs are payable by credit card only.

It was under FAQ.

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not worth a penny

Yes Mo you need your scores and factors, and gosh my merged report has factors and what they mean, I don't need to pay 8.00 to tell me what i already know:)

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: I want my scores not just

There really is no other way to get your scores other than lenders or car loan places, unless you have a friend in the mortgage business, you are kinda out of luck. Of course TU is going to be releasing consumers their scores when they request their credit reports by the end of the year, atleast that is the latest on their websites, not much longer now.

15. Eboni

Eboni Guest

? About Mortgage Brokers

Can you go to a broker tell them you are looking into getting a house ina year and would like ot have them run your three reports and give you the scores?

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I did!!

I contacted a lender and said I wanted to look into my chances of a mortgage next summer, he said he would pull my reports, I said okay BUT you must tell me my scores or no deal, it worked and yes I finally know my scores a couple a hard inquiries, but worth it to me:)

17. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

The Codes..

http://www.yourmortgage.net/fico.htm