Fico If....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 95207Chick, Aug 11, 2003.

1. 95207Chick

95207Chick Well-Known Member

Purely hypothetical, of course,

IF your credit report was completely blank of accounts, what would your FICO be?

And how many "perfect" accounts would you need to be added as an AU to, in order to begin getting accepted on your own when applying for credit? (even small limits)
    By perfect, I mean cardholder over 10 years, never late, low-medium utilization, mix of Visa/MC and dept.store...etc.

Totally hypothetical of course... just curious!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ONLY F.I.C.O. KNOWS FOR SURE...AND THEY AINT' TAKIN'

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

F.I.C.O. is the company that thinks ONE inquiry is better than ZERO!!!

4. 95207Chick

Certainly there is someone out there that had baby credit with nothing listed and pulled their FICO?

I have no Hard INQ this year with EQ, EX or TU. I know my credit is bad. I don't need a denial letter to tell me! *LOL* Because of PG "B" my TU lists NO INQ. So are you saying, I should be applying for at least one thing to boost my score?? My mentality has been to apply for nothing because I know where it will lead.

Does anyone pull INQs on AUs? I would assume not but love to be told I am wrong!

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

INQUIRY FOR AU???

Not "HARD" maybe "SOFT" (later on...not when the card was issued)

6. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I was wondering that too as my 9 yr old daughter's credit is blank...I wonder what her score is? LOL

7. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Since no one knows, I guess there's no good answer. I'm not sure if FICO considers things like age, length of time at job, etc or not. Why not pull your score and see what it is?

I'd say get someone to add you as an AU, wait a few months and apply for something that is fairly easy to get.

Or get a secured card for a year or so to help build, then move on to something else.

8. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

I don't know if you have a fico with no credit. My wife had no credit and I tried to get her score/report online and wasn't able to because they had nothing to verify her identification with. Also, we applied for a mortgage with her credit in this state and she was listed as having no report and there was no score listed for her.

To answer your second question, I added her as an AU on two of my accounts... one was about 7 years old with two old (4 years old) 30 day lates and one 2 year old account with a perfect payment history. Her fico then was about 720 and she got instant approval for a JC Pennies card with a $500 limit.

HTH,
    Brett

9. 95207Chick

I guess it should have been 2 threads because it was two different things.

It seems as if everything in my reports was negative when I started and for the most part I am having no problem deleting the bad stuff at a rate that satisfys me. I just have this fear that my reports will end up "empty" in the long run.

I am down to
    TU: 2 closed accts, 2 open
    EX: 3 closed accounts
    EQ: 6 open, 3 closed

I can see by the end of the year if I wasn't going to be added as an AU soon that my EX and TU will be empty. As it stands my FICO has gone up but not dramatically. I hope that getting a couple AUs will be the difference I need to get on the road to "recovery" in the positive credit world.

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know if the closed accts on your reports are negative accts, or good, closed accts?

11. 95207Chick

The closed accounts are negative. I'll say it outloud that 2-4 years ago I was just an idiot and didn't care about credit. I have done a hell of a lot of growing up since I turned 30!
    Sometimes I think being an alcoholic or a drug addict would have been easier because once you go through rehab you aren't marked for 7 years to people that don't even know you.
    Needless to say I am now paying for my sins of ignorance and stupidity.

That raises a question, my open accounts are collection accounts. My DH was thinking he read on here that collections should read closed. I couldn't find what he was referring to. I think the major part of the remaining collections are stuck like superglue so I am trying to get nitpicky on them because they refuse to even remove them in exchange for payment even thought the SOL is gone or close. I know one locally company which holds 3 of my collections on EQ and 2 on TU will not hesitate to sue me based on their performance in the courts of this county. Only 1 of those debts is still in SOL and thats my largest. They don't contact me at all regarding any of them which is positive.