FICO Revamp Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Nov 13, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Can you?

2. lbrown59

Score pricing just isn't justified period!

3. Struggler

Struggler Well-Known Member

Here's the catch:

Regardless of what "scoring model" is used, all credit scoring systems become corrupt and bloated soon enough. For example, under this new system where "22% of all people have an 800 score," a score of 700 will become viewed in the same way that a score of, say, 550, is now. In other words, would you rather be a "4 out of 5" or an "8 out of ten?" See what I mean? There's no real difference. The credit market will "equalize" all of this soon enough if it's enacted. What is REALLY needed is a system where a potential lender can look at every applicant individually as opposed to a stupid scoring system.

4. lbrown59

Exactly right.
    It's time the shell game was outlawed!

5. myschae

myschae Well-Known Member

Well, I would rather be a 7/10 rather than a 3/5 though. Using the whole (or a larger) range tends to lend more precision to the process.

But I agree with you in theory. The credit lenders will equalize this system pretty quickly and it will be interesting to see whether it's more inclusive or more exclusive. My guess is that it will be slightly more inclusive at the middle but much much more stingy about reconsiderations past what ever cut off point is declared.

Myschae

6. wajaba

wajaba Well-Known Member