FICO Score and Experian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by shai, Aug 16, 2000.

1. shai

shai Guest

I've been working on cleaning my credit for the last year and a half. What I've recently noticed are the numbers on the bottom of the page. The first 3 set of numbers, after the first letter, seem to get higher with each report. Every 3 months I get a new report with deleted items and positive ratings from current credit banks and the numbers have gone from 300's to now mid 600's (I have 14 charge off's and late pays, now down to 2 student loans). Could this really be my FICO Score???

2. sph

sph Guest

It could be I am in the same situation. 2 years of working on it. Same results!

3. b golden

b golden Guest

Where exactly are these numbers. On my experian report I dont have any numbers on the bottom. Sorry...but please give me more details. Thanks

4. shai

shai Guest

If you look at the bottom of the page (all pages), it's a row of numbers...mine starts with "L-123-12345-1234567" followed by bar code. Check it out! This is on the report that I requested.

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

shai--

i am intrgued by your idea. i checked my experian reports, too. Like yours, the reports show the three-digit number increasing over a period of a year. This corresponds to improving credit score factors with each report. Maybe it is a credit score or just a numbering sequence that progresses over time.

It would help to know if anyone has experian reports that show a drop from an earlier to a later report and if the drop seems to be correlated to worsening credit.

another idea would be to call experian just to see what they say.

6. Sandra

Sandra Guest

I have both my husbands report and my reports (both dated the same day) and they show the same numbers. I don't know..I wouldn't think we would have the EXACT same score, as we both have dif accounts, etc.

7. shai

shai Guest

Even with different accounts it is a possibility that your scores are in the same range. It's all in the payment history and the use of credit. Maybe your score and your husband's are the same 'cause the two of you use and pay similarly? ... Just a thought.

8. b golden

b golden Guest

Thank You I found it.:)

9. lisa

lisa Guest

I don't think this is the score because I have a report from Experian from about a week before I applied for a mortgage and it is about 100 points different from my Experian fico.

10. Stan

Stan Guest

I don't think it is your FICO score either, my friend has perfect credit and his "score" on his report was 521 which is impossible. It is also totally impossible that spouses would have the same score unless they had exactly the same accounts.

11. alison

alison Guest

kristi..could this be true?

Could the above comment be true?

12. kim

kim Well-Known Member

I went home and looked at my reports from Experian. Seemed like a good thought, but I don't think it's the FICO score ~ I had two letters from Experian with the same date and the numbers were off by 1. I think it's something incremental. Not only that but if you look at the address portion that same number appears ~ sorry, but I think it's just the way that they track mail.

13. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

I don't beleive it is your score either. I have just looked over a few and some of the numbers make no sense and do not seem to indicate a scoring pattern. Besides, consumers would never be so lucky. I am sure the bureaus have made sure of that. It appears to just be tracking numbers.

Kim wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I went home and looked at my reports from Experian. Seemed like a good thought, but I don't think it's the FICO score ~ I had two letters from Experian with the same date and the numbers were off by 1. I think it's something incremental. Not only that but if you look at the address portion that same number appears ~ sorry, but I think it's just the way that they track mail.