FICO score B4 and after

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by J. Vick 71, Sep 12, 2003.

1. J. Vick 71

J. Vick 71 Well-Known Member

I am a FICO score freak along with others, I am sure. If anyone here could report what their FICO score was before and after, and say what changed in their report short term, it would be helpful to some of us trying to figure out the FICO score puzzle.

Please do not include FAKO scores such as Credit Expert and etc. The two FICO score pulls should be FICO only.

If you could post what changed and how much time and the point value, it would be helpful.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be accurate.

2. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

One account went to collections on my report last month, dropping my TU FICO from 676 to 610.

My EQ went from 634 to 583.

My EXP went from 670 to 639.

Boo. It is a $600 bill.

3. J. Vick 71

Was that the only change to your credit report? Did your balances change? Was that your first collection? What was the time difference between the two FICO scores? I am looking for specific changes in one variable that would trigger a FICO score to be accurate.

4. chipper

This was the only change. This is charge off #1 in 2 years. Scores were checked day before and day after collection account was added.

5. J. Vick 71

How old is the charge off? Was your report negative before this? Is this your first collection account? Was there no balance and TL before this? How did your overall balances change? Also how old is your overall credit report and the changes before the last FICO score. By the way THANX for the response!

6. chipper

Chargeoff is one month old. My report has had negatives in past, but none in 2 years. There was no balance or tradeline to correspond to this. I have 10 years of credit.

7. J. Vick 71

Actually I meant your current balances (Before the FICO pull) compared to right now. Was your report negative before this? And also was this the only change? What I am tyring to do here is determine how collections actually figure into the FICO score overall. THANX for the quick response though!

8. chipper

My report had old negatives on it. The was the only change. I can't say for sure if my balances went up.

9. J. Vick 71

I guess what I am trying to do here is figure out how and why FICO scores rise or fall. I am sure others would be interested into the exact variables as to why and how it happened. It would save us cash overall and I guess maybe simple circumstances should be figured out first.

10. J. Vick 71

What I am looking for is exact changes in a report to determine the exact amount of FICO points or percentage that goes up or down. This can only be done by 100% truth. THANX for the response though!
    Balnces up or down play a big part in this also!

11. chipper

I really think I narrowed it down. One day my FICO is 676. The next day a collection account occurred and lowered my score to 610.

12. J. Vick 71

10 years of credit and it lowered 66 points in one short term pull? Is this really possible to figure out this FICO score puzzle? I would love to see that report with the changes in front of me! Are you sure that was all that changed? I take this FICO score stuff pretty serious, Did the balances change?

13. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I really think that when something suddenly changes, the very fact that it suddenly changed lowers the FICO score. Then over time, that effect goes away and all you have left is the change in score due to the different credit information.