fico score question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by themyles, May 30, 2001.

1. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

Is there any crediti card that I can apply for that only goes by my score?

My current score is low 600`s and I have two collections from `98 and 96 along with one charge-off.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think most creditors do look at scores first, but they can and will get a look at your report and can see the delinquencies prior to approval. They get your report and score within a matter of minutes.

3. john

john Well-Known Member

Apply for the Citi Click card. I had low 600 like yourself and got approved for 5k limit. Then convert it to the 0 annual fee Citi Platinum. The credit line is also income/debt load depenedent so the higher the income and the lower the debt load the higher the credit line. They even base the interest rate on your credit profile and they gave me a 15.99 fixed.

They also use their own internal scoring so if they see something they don't like they will probably reject automatically. I like you had a few collections(all paid) and charge-offs(all Paid). If you haven't paid these collections you may be out of luck, but who knows.

If that doesn't work, try Nextcard. I got the one right below their prime card with a Balance Transfer offer and a fixed 18.99 goto rate and a 2500.00 cl.

Good luck!!!

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I really don't understand Citi's underwriting - I have the clic citi card, but when I tried to get the Platinum MC, I was turned down. My most recent negative is an IRS tax lien paid in 1996. No other negatives!! My overall debt/limit ratio is 34%, 13 credit cards, 1 over 2 years, most over 1 year, all R1; 2 car loans going back to 1996 one paid off, the other I1.

I called Citi to ask why and the girl was shocked - she said, "you have so many cards!! And you're using all of them?? I mean, for your income... and 11 inquiries in the past year! Not only that, but you're using over 60% on one of your cards. That's really bad."

Go figure. I thought they wanted me to use the cards - matter of fact, I'm sure they do - they all keep lowering my rates and raising my limits. What's wrong with this picture??

I was gong to close a couple of my accounts (not so easy to work with) and transfer the balances to Citi. Guess not.

breeze