FICO score strategy

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tommyy, Oct 27, 2001.

1. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

I need some advice regarding improving FICO score. I have 4 accounts on my CR that are 5 months or shorter from open to close. Should I dispute these in hope to remove them since it looks as if I had too many accts in a short period of time . 3 of them were personal loans redone to get lower interest rates. All of these were opened and closed in 2000. I did make all my payments on time but with them only being 5 months and less old do they even count for anything?
    Please help!

2. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I would like to know that also- we refinanced our car in only 9 months, so we have a short term account also.

Anyone know how this affects scores? Also, do we get the 12, 24 and 36 month boosts from closed positive accounts?

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Personally, I would not remove any account that was shown paid/closed. I don't think that it will raise your scores at all.

4. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Bkev- do you think we still get the "boosts" for having these positive accounts on our reports, even if they have been closed?

I am counting on that because mine is one year old next month!

Someone did post here a while back that closed positive accounts are still postive for 36 months, do you agree with that?

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

IS TO rip us off